» Student Services index «

Health Insurance

>>Health Services Index<<

Student Health Insurance

The Affordable Care Act requires everyone to have health insurance or be subject to penalties. There are several options available to students, which include, being covered on their parent’s policy until age 26 or by purchasing coverage through an insurance exchange. The insurance exchange is an online resource where you can find information about different health plans and coverage. Healthcare.gov is the federal insurance exchange. If you are a resident of Minnesota, you can look under MNsure.org. Here you can access the cost for each plan and enroll or find out whether you qualify for financial assistance based on annual income. There is also a hotline available for your questions: 1-855-366-7873.

International Students - United Health Care Student Resource Insurance

Rochester Community and Technical College is pleased to offer an injury and sickness insurance plan through United Health Care Student Resources Insurance. All international students are required by Minnesota state law to enroll in the plan. A summary of the international student insurance coverage can be found on the United Health Care website. Please print and complete the International Student Enrollment form.


Contact Information
(507) 285-7210 or 1‑800‑247‑1296
Rochester Community and Technical College
851 30th Ave SE :: Rochester, MN 55904-4999
Rochester Community and Technical College, a member of Minnesota State.
RCTC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity educator and employer.
Submit Website Feedback