To provide academic support and advising services to assist qualified disabled persons in achieving their educational goals.
Appropriate accommodations are provided to those qualified disabled persons. To find out what accommodations you may qualify for, please contact the Director of Disability Support Services Travis Kromminga at 507-280-2968 or through the Minnesota relay TTY 1-800-627-3529. You can also reach him by e-mail at email@example.com
Location of Offices
We are located in the University Center Rochester in the Student Support Services office, SS176. Our phone numbers are: (507) 280-2968 and the Minnesota relay TTY 1-800-627-3529 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Section 504 and Americans with Disabilities Act
Rochester Community and Technical College (RCTC) is in compliance with the provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (P.L. 93-112) which mandates equal opportunity for qualified disabled person in education programs and activities of all recipients of federal financial aid assistance. Section 504 prohibits discrimination on the basis of disabilities and offers to disabled persons opportunity to participate fully in all educational programs and activities. RCTC is in compliance with the Americans with Disability Act. The ADA ensures that each program, service or activity that RCTC provides, is accessible to and usable by individuals with disabilities. If any student feels that the provisions listed here are not being met, the student should contact the Director of Disability Support Services.
The application process for new and current college students:
- Complete the college admission application process through the RCTC website.
- Provide documentation of your disability to support the request for accommodations (See the Documentation section of this handbook).
- Meet with the Director of Disability Support Services for intake Interview.
- Schedule placement testing with Disability Support Services.
The application process for Post Secondary Enrollment Option:
- Complete the P.S.E.O. application form on the RCTC admissions website.
- Have the required high school rank.
- Provide documentation of your disability.
- Complete the RCTC academic assessments with the required recommendations in reading and writing through Disability Support Services.
Last Updated: August 14, 2015