Academic Support Center (ASC) tutors must possess expertise in specified academic content areas and in study skills. Tutors work with students that need extra help to achieve their goal of successfully passing their classes. Tutoring is done on both a one-on-one basis as well as a drop-in approach. The tutoring sessions take place in the Academic Support Center as well as AT-301 and AT-306. RCTC tutors must be successful students, and must be patient, flexible, and sensitive to the specific needs of the student population we serve in ASC.
- Be enrolled in at least 1 credit at one of the UCR institutions
- Earned a grade of “B” or better in the specific course you would like to tutor
- Complete and return the Initial Tutor Application Packet which includes:
- After you complete and turn in the Application Packet you will recieve:
- Payroll Packet
- Orientation schedule
- Interview with Tutor Coordinator
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Tutors earn a starting wage of $8.25 per hour. Opportunities for raises are available after 200 hours of employment. Employment and hours are on a need for assistance basis. Tutors may work no more than 20 hours per week.
- Promote Independent Learning
- Personalize Instruction
- Facilitate Student Insights
- Provide a Student Perspective
- Respect Individual Differences
Thank you for your interest in the tutoring program. If you have any questions, please contact:
*PDF format :: To view University Center Rochester publications in PDF format, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you don't already have Acrobat Reader, download the FREE plug-in by clicking below and following the instructions. Once the Acrobat Reader plug-in is installed, click on any of the publications below to get up-to-date, in-depth information.
Click here to get the FREE Adobe Acrobat Reader software.
Last Updated: September 13, 2013