» Academic Support Center «
Academic Support Center Tutoring Program
The Academic Support Center Tutoring Program reaches students through
One-on-One and Drop-In Tutoring.
One-on-One Tutoring on the UCR Campus is provided free of charge to qualified students who participate in a sponsoring program. These RCTC programs – which collectively form the Academic Support Center – are listed below, along with their mission statements:
- Student Support Services provides services and support to students who are first generation college students, low-income, or disabled.
- The Carl D. Perkins Grant provides academic support services to assist students in an occupational/technical career path in achieving their educational goals.
- Disability Support Services provides academic support services to assist students with disabilities in achieving their educational goals.
- Minority Services provides support services and creates a culture of success for minority and English-as-a-second-language students.
If you feel you qualify for one of these programs, Olha Ratushko in SS162, or call 280-5534 for more information on how to apply.
Drop-In Tutoring on the UCR Campus is provided free of charge to students of RCTC but is also open to students of the WSU Rochester Center. Tutoring hours are generally 8:00am to 4:00pm, Monday through Friday.
During open hours, students may simply “drop-in” to ask for help in any classes currently offered on campus. Tutors specializing in those course areas do their best to assist.
The Drop-In Tutoring Center is located in AT-306 (inside the Learning Center) as well as in AT-301 (The Science Area) up on the 3rd floor.
- See the Tutoring Scheduling online.
Would you like to be a tutor?
Tutors are always needed. If you excel in a certain subject
area and would like to share your skills, why not become a peer tutor?
You could earn money between classes and it looks great on a resume. Anyone interested in tutoring, please contact Olha Ratushko, tutor coordinator, SS162, 280-5534.
Please phone 280-5534 or Mn Relay TTY 1-800-627-3529 or e-mail for assistance and/or questions.
e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
Office location SS162