» Student Affairs «
VisionRCTC’s Student Affairs will support and encourage students to achieve their goals and navigate pathways to success by providing comprehensive student services.
RCTC’s Student Affairs delivers consistent, quality services which support Student Affairs and empower students for life and work in a global community.
- Foster Independence
- Lifelong Learning
- Advocacy and Advising
- Promote Student Responsibility/Accountability
- Improve Processes
- Encourage Creativity
- Collegial Supportive Environment
- Cultivate Responsibility / Accountability Among Colleagues
- Value Students as Well as Colleagues
- Federal and State Compliance
- Resource Management
- Records Management
- Establish Tradition
- Value Positive Attitudes
The philosophy of Student Affairs is to support and enrich student learning experiences and help shape student success by empowering students for life and work in a global community.
We Believe In:
- Placing an emphasis on the student's personal and academic growth by applying the core outcomes of the institution; communication, critical thinking, global awareness/diversity; civic responsibility; personal and professional accountability; aesthetic response.
- Promoting an environment for learning that provides a wide variety of out-of-class learning opportunities, work and leadership experiences, information, advice and counsel that meet student needs and expectations.
- Embracing the diversity of individual backgrounds and experiences in a global community.
- Applying Student Affairs and learning theories which incorporate the intellectual, psychological, physical growth and wellness of students.
- Student responsibility and accountability for their own behaviors and decisions with resulting consequences.