» Study Abroad Home «
How to Register
To Register for the Guatemala Travel Study Service Trip Please follow these steps:
Current RCTC Students:
1) Contact Instructor:
For specific orientation dates, contact: Lillyam Arroyave 507.285.7109 (work), 507-398-4975 (cell) or Lillyam.Arroyave@rctc.edu
A deposit must be made to reserve your spot in February with the RCTC Business Office. Credit, cash, money order or checks can be accepted (if payments are late, personal checks may not be accepted).
- RCTC Business Office Phone: (507) 285-7311
- Business Office Hours: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm (subject to change without notice)
- Cashier's Office Hours: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm (subject to change without notice)
3) Balance Due:
The final balance will be due May 20th.
4) Registration for Class(es):
a. When summer session registration opens, register for
SPAN 1001, Guatemala Option
b. Additional credits may be obtained by registering for
c. Pay Registration Fees to the College as noted in the official payment schedule for Summer Session II.
- students have the option of taking the summer SPAN 10011 or SPAN 21112 separately, or they may take them both. If they are a community member, who is not a student but would like to go on the trip, he/she may audit SPAN 21113.
a. New Passports - see: http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html
b. Current Passport Holders – you may need to renew your passport if it will expire 6 months after the trip.
a. US legal residents and citizens do not currently need a visa to visit Guatemala.
b. Students who are citizens of other countries may need a visa, please check with your country.
Arrange for immunizations by contacting your physician (note: the County Public Health Department and the RCTC Student Nurse can help you with information if you do not have insurance or limited funds).
Not a RCTC Student? Not a Problem! You will need to:
1) Complete Application:
a. Online Applications http://www.rctc.edu/admissions/pre/admission_requirements.html to fill out the appropriate admissions form. If you are wanting to attend this trip and not take additional classes at RCTC, please chose the “Non-Degree Seeking” option.
b. International Students, please visit this site: http://www.rctc.edu/admissions/pre/admission_international.html
c. For PSEO Students this will be a great trip to include in resumes, college applications, scholarship applications etc... Steps to do:
- Register for SPAN 1001, SPAN 2111, or both.
- Pay before May 20th (2,200+ plus tuition and fees).
- Post Secondary students must pay for credits because this is during the summer session.
2) Pay RCTC Admissions Application Fee as directed in the admissions website.
3) Admissions’ direct phone number is 1-507-285-7268, ask for Dera Hanson if you need admissions help.
4) Follow the steps above for current students.
Hopefully you will find the answers to most of your questions
If you have further questions, please contact
Last Updated: August 19, 2015