» Technology Home «
Smart Phone Support (Faculty and Students)
Staff / Student settings for smart phones:
Note: These instructions presume you know where in your phone settings e-mail accounts can be added. When given the option select "Microsoft Exchange" as the type of email for your @rctc.edu account.
- Delete existing e-mail Exchange account (if it exists).
- Add a new Exchange type e-mail account.
- Staff, Set the e-mail address to <First Name>.<Last Name>@rctc.edu
- Students, Set the e-mail address to <First Name>.<Last Name><4 numbers of StarID>@mb.rctc.edu
- Set the password to your StarID password.
- If asked, server is outlook.office365.com
- If asked, domain/username it is your full e-mail address.
- If asked, use secure connection (SSL).
- If asked, accept all SSL certificates.
- If asked, agree to remote security administration.
For assistance in setting up your specific device see the Technology Support Center (TSC).
The steps you use to setup your mobile device will vary based on the model of your mobile device. You can set up your mobile phone to access your e-mail, calendar information, contacts, and tasks. If your mobile phone or device supports Exchange ActiveSync, POP3, and IMAP4, you can choose which type of account to set up. Exchange ActiveSync is designed to synchronize e-mail, calendar, contact, task, and other information. POP3 and IMAP4 accounts are designed to only send and receive e-mail messages. More detailed setup instructions per specific operating system: http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/cc825479.aspx