Upcoming Study Trips:
Ecuador Travel Study
ATTENTION ALL MINNESOTA NURSING STUDENTS (ADN & PN):
RCTC IS OFFERING A SPRING SEMESTER STUDY ABROAD COURSE TO ECUADOR
You are ALL invited to join RCTC Nursing students on a Spring Semester 2-credit study abroad class that concludes with a trip to Ecuador May 15-23, 2020.
The course is being offered at RCTC for nursing students enrolled in any nursing program who are interested in the cross cultural experience of travelling to a foreign country.
The class is called NURS2400 Transcultural Nursing: Community and Global Perspectives and is taught by Diane Witzig, RCTC Nurse Educator (email@example.com). The course has been successful 9 previous times.
Five classes begin Wednesdays April 8, 15, 22, 29 and May 6 for 2 hours from 4-6 pm and are offered at each MnSCU campus remotely on your own campus. You will attend these 10 hours of classroom to prepare you for the 9-day trip to Ecuador which leaves from Rochester International Airport (RST) on Friday, May 15th and returns to RST on Saturday, May 23rd.
You will get to see a home where leprosy patients live, spend a day in an orphanage, tour some hospitals, schools and see health care in a developing country like Ecuador. You will get to participate in putting on a health fair with your fellow students and the trip concludes with a boat ride and hike on an island where you will get to see animals unique to the Galapagos Islands (blue-footed boobies, frigate birds, sea turtles….)
It’s a chance of a lifetime to experience the broad possibilities of ways you can use your nursing career to benefit others who do not have access to the health care privileges here in the United States.
What you need: – a GPA of 2.0 or higher
– a letter listing your goals and what you would like to accomplish on this trip/experience
– 2 letters of recommendations from your own faculty – emailed to the course coordinator
– a current passport that is good until Nov. 2020.
Register as an RCTC student (no cost) by November, 2019 in order to register for the 2 credit course NURS2400 at RCTC when Spring registrations begins (~Nov. 1st?). Go to www.rctc.edu – eServices – Registration and register as a Visiting Student.
- $600 down payment to hold your place in the class when you register
- another $600 down payment by the end of fall semester, 2019 to RCTC Business Office
- -$1000 last payment to RCTC Business Office by January 31, 2020
- the college charges a tuition differential of ~ $500 (to be determined by the number of students who register for the course
- a valid US passport – over 6 months from expiration
- For questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will need:
- A GPA of 2.0 or above
- A valid US passport (that does not expire 6 months after our trip to Ecuador)
- TWO letters of recommendation from 2 nursing instructors stating in a few sentences that they support you registering for this course (sent by email to: email@example.com)
- A ONE PAGE essay written by you about why you would like to take this course, what your goals are for the course, what you hope to gain from it, and how you will use this experience in your own nursing practice (sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- All of this completed before you register this fall at Spring 2020Registration for NURS2400 at RCTC.