16 Students Inducted to Alpha Delta Nu
Sixteen fourth-semester nursing students were inducted into the Alpha Delta Nu Nursing Honor Society at a ceremony held Thursday, Jan. 21 in the Hill Theatre on the RCTC Campus.
This was the first induction ceremony for the RCTC Delta Alpha chapter of Alpha Delta Nu. Students are eligible for admission to this honor society if their cumulative grade point average is 3.0 or higher in all their nursing classes and demonstrate conduct that reflects integrity and professionalism in all clinical areas.
This is a select group, said Elizabeth Wirt, DNP, RN, RCTC nursing instructor and chapter advisor. They have excelled in the classroom and the clinical setting.
The students received pins and certificates and will receive honor cords to wear during commencement later in the spring.
Susan Jansen, MS, RN, CNE, RCTC’s Interim Associate Dean of Nursing challenged the students by noting,You are the best and brightest. Go forth and be the nurses who change people’s lives.
Students inducted include:
- Sandy Baiza, Rochester, MN
- Lucas Brown, Byron, MN
- Christina Burkhard, Rochester, MN
- Meghan Collins, Rochester, MN
- Mary Davitt, St. Charles, MN
- Bryce Goar, Stewartville, MN
- Kelsi Jacobson, Rochester, MN
- Caitlin Johnson, St. Paul, MN
- Abigail Ledvina, Rochester, MN
- Megan Melendez, Plainview, MN
- Genesis Moreno Gomez, St. Charles, MN
- Shana Neujahr, Rochester, MN
- Mandy Norstad, Pine Island, MN
- Elisa Pogalz, Rochester, MN (Kingsville, TX)
- Samantha Porcher, Rochester, MN
- Ruthann Prigge, Rochester, MN
You can view the Facebook album here.