Get to know RCTC Student Mariah Peterson?
- How long have you been at RCTC?
This is my fourth semester at RCTC.
- What is your favorite thing about RCTC?
My favorite thing about RCTC is all the friendly staff and faculty members. All the professors are always willing to meet with you to help with school work or to just have a friendly, casual conversation. All the staff members are also so friendly in helping with financial, scheduling problems, or academics and if they can’t help you to the fullest they will point you in the right direction to someone who can help you.
- What is your favorite class at RCTC and why?
My favorite class has been my Introduction to Economics class I took this last fall with Jessie Martinez. It was one of those classes that was enjoyable to go to! I went into the class knowing absolutely nothing about economics but Jessie was so helpful in helping the students in and out of class. He is a teacher that wants you to succeed but will not hand you the grade. The class also connected really well and I gained a couple friendships from it!
- What is your favorite thing about being a student at RCTC?
My favorite thing about being a student at RCTC is all the things RCTC has provided for me as a student. There are computers all over campus we can use for quick printing or working on homework. The learning center is a great place to work on homework or get help in any of your classes. Every student should utilize the learning center at least once in their time at RCTC, because one time turns into once daily!
- What is your favorite RCTC memory?
My favorite RCTC memory is actually my first day here! I was very scared to go to my first class but I had two people who really made me feel welcomed here. That was four semesters ago and I am still really good friends with both of them!
- What is your favorite activity at RCTC?
I have recently been finding myself spending a lot of time up in the learning center. It is peaceful and I can get help on any of my classes.
- What is your favorite movie?
Sweet Home Alabama.
- What is your favorite food?
I LOVE baked potatoes!
- What is the best gift you?ve ever given?
The best gift I ever gave was my sister’s Christmas/birthday present when I flew to Arizona for a surprise visit!
- What are three of your favorite things?
My three favorite things would, hands down, be my dog, coffee, and hippos.
- Are you a cat person or a dog person and why?
I am definitely a dog person because they are so playful and still cute cuddle bugs. My dog is a spoiled princess and coming home to her jumping all over me will always brighten my day.
- In five words, describe yourself.
Outgoing, productive, confident, hardworking and caring.
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
I would learn how to do sign language.
- If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
When I was a kid I wanted to teach! Surprisingly nothing changed and I am going to school for elementary education.
- What hobbies/interests do you enjoy?
I enjoy to spend time dancing around and listening to music, playing with my dog, or getting time in at the gym.