Get to know RCTC Student Ujay Green?
- How long have you been at RCTC?
- What are your favorite things about RCTC?
My favorite thing about RCTC is the support from staff and faculty to help students succeed in their studies. The learning center on campus is also a major plus for my learning experience at RCTC because of the outstanding support they provide to students. Another thing is Trio, a student support services based program, which is designed to help students succeed in college. The program is headed by Jason Bonde, Head director of the program who encourages students to opt into the program and take advantage of the great opportunities they provide and free access to personal tutors. I have been in the program from the beginning of my college career at RCTC and have achieved many successes academically and in the community.
- What is your favorite RCTC memory?
My favorite RCTC memory was when my speech instructor assigned me in a group to volunteer in the community and I chose to spend my time at the Rochester Public Library. The experience expanded my knowledge about helping others and motivated me to continue volunteering on campus and in the community.
- If you were Sting for a day, what would you do?
I would share my educational experiences with others in hopes of encouraging students to strive for success by pursuing their dreams and goals.
- What’s the most fun thing you?ve done at RCTC?
The most fun thing I’ve done at RCTC is help tutor math in the learning center for a whole semester. I enjoyed it because I learned more about others and myself in the process.
- What’s your favorite activity at RCTC?
My favorite activity at RCTC is studying quietly in the library with no distractions.
- What is your favorite movie?
Men in Black I.
- What is your favorite food?
- What is the best gift you?ve ever received?
The best gift I’ve ever given was love. The best gift someone gave me was showing they care about who I am and what I want to accomplish in life.
- What makes you laugh?
I laugh about almost anything because I use humor to help me through negative experiences.
- What do you do for fun on a weekend?
I like to go on a date with my girlfriend and go to church on Sunday.
- What do you miss most about being a kid?
I miss the innocence that I had as a kid. I didn’t know how hard life can be and the amount of persevering required to obtain success.
- In five words, describe yourself.
Hard-working, compassionate, opportunistic, honest, and ambitious.
- If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?
I would meet Jesus.
- If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?
I would witness the day segregation was legislated as illegal.
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a businessman.
- If you had one super power, what would it be and why?
I would want the ability to remove poverty from every nation’s society.
- Aside from food, water and shelter what is one thing you could not go a day without?