RCTC Student Beehive – April 19, 2017
How to Request a Transcript
Get Registered for Fall Semester
Shakespeare Show Verona in Hill Theatre Tuesday April 25th
Student Senate Positions Available!
April is Distracted Driving Awareness Month – Risk Management
RCTC Out of the Darkness Walk
HOW TO REQUEST A TRANSCRIPT
Your college transcript is the official record of all courses taken at RCTC. There are two ways to access your transcript.(RCTC does not accept transcript requests via fax machine nor do we fax transcripts)
RCTC transcripts cannot be released in the following scenarios:
- There is a hold on your RCTC record.
- There is a discrepancy (duplicate) on RCTC record.
- If you attended RCC prior to 1968 and/or RTC prior to 1990*
*RCTC will continue to require a transcript request and charge transcript fees for all archived records.
If you need an official copy of your transcript, you must make a request to RCTC through the National Clearinghouse at: https://www.studentclearinghouse.org/secure_area/Transcript/to_home.aspt=085132&LoginHome=to_home.asp. To send transcripts to a Minnesota State institution, please see Send Transcript to another MINNESOTA STATE Institution? below
Unofficial Transcript (Student Copy):
You can access your full transcript for FREE via the eServices site. This transcript is identical to the official transcript in content; however it is not printed on security-paper and thus is not certified as an official RCTC document. Unofficial / Student copies of transcripts are not acceptable generally for employers or other colleges.
To get a FREE copy from the eServices site, follow these instructions:
- Log in to the EServices at
- In the upper right corner select, “Switch to Student e-Services”.
- On the left menu select, “Grades and Transcripts”.
- Then select from the sub-menu, “Academic Record”.
- Select the option by which you want to view your academic record, then select “Get Academic Record”.
- Your academic record will be displayed by the criteria you selected. To get just a printable, text copy, select “Text Copy of this Academic Record”.
- Remember to log out of your account when finished.
Send Transcript to another Minnesota State Institution
Students who plan to have a transcript sent to a Minnesota State College or University (Minnesota State) do not need to complete a transcript request. Electronic transcript retrieval is now possible among all Minnesota State institutions for students who are enrolled or transferring to another Minnesota State institution. As a result it is no longer necessary for most students to order transcripts to be sent to another Minnesota State institution. Be sure to ask staff at the receiving Minnesota State institution about their e-transcript retrieval procedures. Only in some cases will you be asked to order your transcript. RCTC will continue to require a request and will charge transcript fees for all archived records to any destination. This enhancement does not apply to the University of Minnesota
Reverse Transcripts (from any Minnesota State institution):
RCTC will attempt to retrieve e-Transcripts from all other Minnesota State institutions you have attended at point of application. If you would like an updated transcript pulled, please submit a Minnesota State retrieval form which can be downloaded at:.
GET REGISTERED FOR FALL SEMESTER
Online registration for Fall 2017 is open to all current and returning students. You are able to register in the eServices site today (www.rctc.edu/eservices)! All students are strongly encouraged to meet with their academic advisor or counselor prior to registering for any term.
- Earlier registration benefits YOU because you will have your schedule and plan in place before finishing out the term.
- YOU can also plan your work/personal schedules earlier too.
- Don’t assume seats in courses will remain available . . . new students have already started registering for
For assistance, you can contact Admissions/Records by email office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (507) 285-7268 or (800) 247-1296 ext. 7268 until 5pm.
Best wishes for successful completion of your semester at RCTC!
The English Dept is bringing Minnesota SkyVault Theatre and their award-winning show to RCTC during the Bard’s month.
“On the Road to Verona?
Tuesday, April 25
The 55-minute play is a fast paced musical with an original score that will be for sale at the Renaissance Festival this fall.
Three of the nine troubadours are current students here. This show just won three top awards at the MACT Festival and is representing Minnesota at AACT Regionals. It also got rave reviews at the 2016 MN Fringe Festival.
STUDENT SENATE POSITIONS AVAILABLE
The RCTC Student Senate is seeking students to fill 4 executive leadership positions for the 2017-2018 academic year. Current open positions include: President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. If you know of any students looking to get involved on campus, build their leadership skills, or have in interest in government, please encourage them to apply! Applications are available online at , on any Campus Club boards on main campus, or in the Student Life department (CC 4th Floor). There is an Interest Session scheduled on 4/19 at 2 p.m. in CF202 if students would like to hear from current student leaders or have questions before applying.
Applications are due 4/21 and elections are on 4/25.
Contact Laura Engelman with any questions at: email@example.com or 507-285-7206.
- your eyes on the road
- hands on the wheel
- full attention and focus on the task at hand
National Safety Council observes April as Distracted Driving Awareness Month to draw attention to this epidemic.
Please share this message with all staff.
Types of Distracted Driving
By its very nature, driving demands a lot of your attention (if not all of it). No matter how experienced you are, the more you become distracted while driving, the more your risk of getting into a car accident grows.
When it comes to understanding and avoiding distracted driving, it’s best to look at the three types of driving distractions:
- Manual: Eating, drinking, smoking, adjusting vehicle controls, searching through your purse or wallet
- Visual: Checking or changing your GPS, changing the radio station, taking in the view instead of watching the road
- Cognitive: Talking on the phone, emotional stress, road rage, daydreaming
Texting While Driving
Texting while driving is an especially dangerous habit, as it falls under all three types of distracted driving!
While texting, you are distracted:
Visually as you look at your phone rather than the road and your surroundings.
Manually as you type your messages rather than keep your hands on the wheel and ready to react.
Cognitively as you concentrate on your conversation rather than driving
PLEASE DON’T TEXT & DRIVE
Up for the Challenge?
Take the Pledge to drive cell free. You can pledge to your children or other loved ones that you will be an attentive driver. Share your pledge on social media if you like.
9:30 – Walk-in registration begins
9:30 – 10:15 – Activities, refreshments, and information available
10:15 – A brief welcome and program
10:30 – The walk begins
To register before April 29th go to https://afsp.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.event&eventID=4621
This is a step-by-step guide to begin the on-line registration:
- Start by choosing ?1 – Walker or team captain?.
- When that is selected,Role? options will pop up see below. Depending on what role is selected, you will then put in other information.
- If registering as an individual, your individual information will be requested.
- If you want to join a team, (the team must already be created) you will first need to select the name of the team and then put in your individual information.
- If you want to create a team, (as a club, for example) then you will start with giving your team a name and move onto putting in your individual information.
You do need to put something in the ?fundraising goal? portion, but the amount is up to you. (Any individual who raises $100 or more will receive a t-shirt.)
You can also help by spreading the word and encouraging others to sign up by going to the registration website. There is also an event page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/619964981546571/
Katie Swegarden, BSN, RN
Coordinator of Student Health Services
Rochester Community and Technical College
851 30th Ave. SE, Rochester, MN 55904
(o) 507-280-2887 | firstname.lastname@example.org