RCTC Student Beehive – April 28, 2021
Check out the following links for important RCTC information:
RELEASE OF INFORMATION
Student records are privacy protected by law. RCTC students sometimes provide consent to give someone else access to their educational records such as a parent or spouse. Students are given an opportunity to designate educational consent at their orientation session their first semester. This consent form is valid for only one year.
We encourage you to consider updating your educational consent before summer begins. The form is identified as “informed consent/release of data.”
BALANCE DUE NOTICE
Summer semester 2021 payments are due Friday, May 3, 2021. Check out the Stop. Don’t Get Dropped flyer for more helpful information.
NOW is the time to check your account balance via eServices.
Find instructions for printing your account balance.
Important Information regarding student accounts:
- RCTC no longer mails statements – it is the student’s responsibility to monitor and manage their accounts through the eServices site as detailed below.
- Failure to check your account does not release you from your financial obligation to Rochester Community and Technical College.
- Payments received after the final due date will be subject to late and/or payment plan fees.
- Financial aid funds are applied to student accounts after the drop/add period, on Thursdays with change transmitted to BankMobile; be sure your BankMobile account is activated and has accurate information to expedite the receipt of any funds.
- Students who have not received their financial aid by the payment deadline are required to pay.
- All balances must be paid in full prior to registering for future semesters. Any unpaid balances will be referred to the MN Department of Revenue – Collection Division.
How to Pay:
- Pay at the RCTC Cashiers Office during regular business hours (M-F; 8:00am-4:30pm) using Visa, MasterCard, check or cash
- Send a check payable to RCTC to:
RCTC Cashier’s Office
851 30th Ave SE
Rochester, MN 55904
BE SURE TO INCLUDE STUDENT NAME AND ID NUMBER ON CHECK
- Pay with a Visa, MasterCard, Discover or e-check via your online account. To make payment online follow these instructions:
- login to your online eservices account
- select Bills and Payments
- select make a payment
- select charges towards a specific campus
- select the institution you wish to pay
- enter the payment amount
- provide required credit card/e-check information
- authorize payment – check for confirmation
- close payment window
Need a Payment Plan?
If you are unable to fully pay your tuition by the deadline, you may request a payment plan. In all cases, full payment is expected by the end of the semester for which the tuition is owed. RCTC has a contract with ‘NELNET as our payment plan provider. The final Nelnet payment plan enrollment date for Summer 2021 is June 7, 2021. After you register, go to check my account balance, click on payments and select the payment plan option.
Questions? Contact the Cashier’s office at 507-285-7311 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
LAST DAY TO ACCEPT SPRING FINANCIAL AID
The deadline for Spring Semester Financial Aid is May 3, 2021. If you are still working to complete your file, accept student loan funding or complete the loan entrance/promissory note requirements please see staff at the Welcome and One Stop Center immediately for assistance. All awards must be accepted and loan requirements completed on or before May 3rd. Files completed after this date will not be eligible for Spring funding.
It’s important to keep your mailing address current, so you receive essential college communications. Keeping your address current also helps us all by lowering costs of returned and re-sent mail.
If you have moved since your initial application to RCTC, you can update your address in person at the Records and Registration office or in the eServices site in the demographic information section.
HELP US HELP YOU!
MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES ON CAMPUS
The weight of recent events is heavy on our hearts and minds. We recognize the trauma that many are experiencing – especially those in the Black community. In the context of the Derek Chauvin trial, compounded by the tragic death of Daunte Wright, deep feelings of outrage, fear, and grief are natural and to be expected. These events are impacting our communities in dramatically different ways, but we still have much in common, especially our desire for justice.
The past year had been difficult for many different reasons. As we continue to process these events and their impact on our lives and communities the College has resources are available to students looking for support during this time.
Please know that you are never alone. Yellowjackets take care of their hive.
A Yellowjacket Check-In is a confidential and free one-time visit with a licensed therapist to process stress and anxiety and identify personalized strategies. Students can schedule this Zoom or in-person appointment at https://healthservices.rctc.edu by selecting Yellowjacket Check-In.
Mental Health Services
A licensed mental health therapist from Zumbro Valley Health Center (ZVHC) is available to both RCTC and WSU-Rochester students. ZVHC services are confidential, and all records are kept separate from RCTC Health Services records.
Current RCTC and WSU-R students can go to https://healthservices.rctc.edu to schedule appointments with the registered nurse, the nurse practitioner, or the mental health therapist. Just select the service needed, choose from the available days and time, and enter your information. You will receive an email and/or text confirmation of your appointment. If you have questions, call us at 507-285-7261.
Personal counseling is available through Advising and Counseling. Students can make an appointment to see a Counselor by calling 507-285-7260 and ask to schedule a Counseling Appointment or schedule online at advisortrac.rctc.edu.
Thursday, April 29, 2021
- Virtual Drop in Q&A with St. Cloud State University, 10:00am-2:00pm, Zoom
Drop in virtually with any questions for St. Cloud State! SCSU Transfer specialists are available from 10am-2pm to help with admission questions and course suggestions. Now through April 29th 2021. No appointment necessary. Thursday: https://minnstate.zoom.us/j/96231187915
- This Month’s RCTC Grow Session: “Empowering Others Through Leadership”
Leadership is a collective experience. During this interactive workshop, identify how our beliefs about human nature influence how we recognize leadership in other people. We’ll explore how we can make our own experience of leadership more rewarding by identifying and elevating the many “hidden” voices all around us. Presenter: Jamie Mahlberg. Students can attend by joining this zoom link: https://minnstate.zoom.us/j/92608469564
Tuesday, May 4, 2021
- End of Semester Preparation, 2:00pm
How to study and manage your time as you wrap up the semester, persisting during challenging times
On zoom! https://minnstate.zoom.us/j/96408600078
Wednesday, May 12, 2021
- Spring Semester Ends – HAVE A GREAT SUMMER!
Thursday, May 13, 2021
- Navigating FAQs, St. Mary’s University Rochester, 11:00am
There are a lot of questions to consider when thinking about completing your bachelor’s degree. We have an upcoming virtual information series to help you get those questions answered. Join us to learn more about the programs and visit with our Admission staff.Register for our virtual information sessions. https://smumn.secure.force.com/events/targetX_eventsb__events#/esr?eid=a0R4T000000hR7yUAECommencement, 5:30pm, 6:30pm, 7:30pm
We’re having a virtual commencement this year. Click the link and join the festivities. Visit our Commencement website for more information.