RCTC Student Beehive – December 2, 2020
Check out the following links for important RCTC information:
HOW TO REQUEST A TRANSCRIPT
Your college transcript is the official record of all courses taken at RCTC. There are two ways to access your transcript. (RCTC does not accept transcript requests via fax machine nor do we fax transcripts)
RCTC transcripts cannot be released in the following scenarios:
- There is a hold on your RCTC record.
- There is a discrepancy (duplicate) on RCTC record.
If you need an official copy of your transcript, you must make a request to RCTC through the National Clearinghouse. A official transcript cost $7.25/transcript for a two business day turn-around time. For an additional $5/transcript the Records and Registration office will try and release your transcript within two hours of your request, except during peak periods. All official transcripts can be sent either by regular postal mail or electronically. To send transcripts to a MinnState institution, please see below.
Unofficial Transcript (Student Copy):
You can access your full transcript for FREE via the eServices. This transcript is identical to the official transcript in content, however it is not printed on security-paper and thus is not certified as an official RCTC document. Unofficial / Student copies of transcripts are not acceptable generally for employers or other colleges.
To get a FREE copy from the eServices site, follow these instructions or view the steps:
- Log in to eServices.
- On the left menu select, “Grades and Transcripts.”
- Then select from the sub-menu, “Academic Record.”
- Select the option by which you want to view your academic record, then select “Get Academic Record.”
- Your academic record will be displayed by the criteria you selected. To get just a printable, text copy, select “Text Copy of this Academic Record.” This is the pdf icon in the upper right corner.
- Remember to log out of your account when finished.
Send Transcript to another Minnesota State Institution
Electronic transcript retrieval is now possible among all MinnState institutions for students who are enrolled or transferring to another MinnState institution. As a result, it is no longer necessary for most students to order transcripts to be sent to another MinnState ask staff at the receiving MinnState institution about their e-transcript retrieval procedures. Only in some cases will you be asked to order your transcript. RCTC will continue to require a request and will charge transcript fees for all archived records to any destination.
Reverse Transcripts (from any Minnesota State institution):
RCTC will attempt to retrieve e-Transcripts from all other Minnesota State institutions you have attended at point of application. If you would like an updated transcript pulled, please submit the Transcript Retrieval Form.
- Earlier registration benefits YOU because you will have your schedule and plan in place before finishing out Fall Semester.
- You can also plan your work/personal schedules earlier too.
- Don’t assume seats in courses will remain available . . . new students have already started registering for Spring Semester
- Financial Aid students with an accepted award do NOT need to pay at the time of registration. Your Financial Aid award will hold your courses and payment will not be due until March 22, 2021.
Online registration for Spring 2021 is open to all current and returning students. You are able to register on the eServices site today!
All students are strongly encouraged to meet with their academic advisor or counselor prior to registering for any term. For assistance, you can contact Records and Registration/Records by email at Admissions@rctc.edu or call us at (507) 285-7268 or (800) 247-1296 ext. 7268 until 5pm.
Best wishes for successful completion of your semester at RCTC!
THE BUZZ – COVID TESTING IN MINNESOTA
Check out this week’s Health Services “The Buzz” for information on “The Who Should, When to, & How of COVID-19 Testing in Minnesota.” This newsletter will answer many of your COVID testing-related questions. Check it out TODAY!