RCTC Student Beehive – May 15
Dean’s List/President’s List/High Academic Achievement
Equipment Return Reminder
Checking Spring Grades
Get Ahead with Summer Classes
Campus Summer Construction Projects Update
Plan to Celebrate with the 2018-19 Graduation Candidates on May 16! The RCTC Commencement Ceremony will be held on Thursday, May 16 at 6:00pm in the Field House at the Regional Sports Center. The Commencement Program is a fitting conclusion to a successful academic career and the earning of a degree or certificate. Based on hundreds of years of academic tradition handed down from European universities, this ceremony is a colorful, dignified, and festive recognition of the successes of the College and the students who merit degrees. Fall 2018 graduates will be recognized, along with Spring and Summer 2019 candidates.
Tickets for family and friends are not required. Seating is available on a first-come basis. Plan to arrive before 5:30pm for optimal seating. Guests must remain seated throughout the ceremony and may not block the view of others to take pictures or videos.
Guest information, as well as, candidate instructions regarding check-in, line up, and more can be found on our website.
- Live broadcast – May 16 – 6:00pm on Cable Channel 20
- Video will also be available for download in June
Congratulations Class of 2018-19!
DEAN’S LIST/PRESIDENT’S LIST/HIGH ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT
Beginning last semester, excellence in scholastic achievement will be recognized each Fall and Spring semester by compiling three lists of students. The qualifications for each list are as follows:
- Dean’s List: Students must have completed 12 credits or more for the same semester with a 3.0-3.74 GPA. Students on the Dean’s List will receive an email of recognition signed by the VPs of Academic Affairs and Student Affairs.
- President’s List: Students must have completed 12 credits or more for the same semester with a 3.75-4.0 GPA. Students on the President’s List will receive a hard copy letter and certification signed by the President.
- High Academic Achievement: Students must have completed 3-11 credits for the same semester with a 3.75-4.0 GPA. Students on the High Academic Achievement List will receive an email of recognition signed by the VPs of Academic Affairs and Student Affairs.
Additionally, the credit courses completed must have earned grade points. Credits for P (Pass) and grades of I (Incomplete), AU (Audit), and W (Withdrawal), and NC (No Credit) are excluded from the count. These lists are posted in the Admissions and Records area and at the Heintz Center, as well as distributed to local media. A listing can also be downloaded from the College website. The list should be available after June 1.
RCTC Student Health Services will close on Friday, May 17, 2019 for summer break. If you are in need of medical care after this date, please contact your regular healthcare provider. The office will reopen again for Fall Semester on Monday, August 19, 2019. Physical exams for academic and sports programs will be available beginning the week of August 26. Call 507-285-7261 beginning August 19 to schedule an appointment. If you need a copy of your immunization or Mantoux (TB test), please contact Admissions and Records Office at (507) 285-7268.
For additional information on services provided please visit the Health Services website.
EQUIPMENT RETURN REMINDER
As the end of semester nears conclusion, remember to return any equipment checked out from the Technology Support Center. The due date for cameras, video recording gear, and other equipment is Wednesday, May 15, 2019. Equipment not returned this date and time will be declared lost, your student account will be charged for replacement costs, and a hold will be placed on your academic records.
You will be allowed to use the gear in the upcoming semester as long as you are enrolled in a specific program that requires you to use such equipment or if it is general media gear for classroom usage.
If you have any questions, please contact the Technology Support Center at (507) 536-5555 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
CHECKING SPRING GRADES
RCTC hopes you had a tremendously successful semester. The grade window for instructors will close Tuesday, May 21, 2019 at 11:59pm. You should be able to view your Spring Semester 2019 grades on your academic record after that. These grades can be viewed in the grades and transcripts section of the college eServices site.
Any grades not posted to your eServices site account have not been reported by a faculty member. Please contact the instructor of your class to inquire when s/he will post any missing grades.
GET AHEAD WITH SUMMER CLASSES
If you want to get ahead of your fellow classmates, take advantage of summer classes at RCTC. Enroll in classes to advance your degree program and you’ll end up ahead of the pack when you come back in the fall! Check out the schedule of classes available this summer.
CAMPUS SUMMER CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS UPDATE
The 2018-19 academic year is coming to a close, but while classes are ending, many new and exciting projects will commence in just a matter of days. We wanted to take a moment to outline many of the upcoming projects set to begin shortly after commencement as a large number of them have impacts across campus.
Plaza-Memorial Hall Project
Work continues on the project, with a new flurry of activity beginning shortly including:
- Moving of the Plaza Hall Anatomy and Physiology labs to the second floor of the Science and Technology Building. The A & P labs (following renovation of current spaces) are moving to space currently occupied by ST205, 209, 211, 213, and 214.
- Singley Hall 110 and 210 are getting new seating, finishes, and improved ventilation.
- College Center 206/209 (current Echo office and piano labs) will get renovated.
Currently empty office space on the second floor of East Hall will be renovated to house the Art Faculty beginning this fall. Work is expected to begin in June.
The Atrium exterior areas will receive a significant makeover this summer including:
- New concrete, entry
- Stair removal
- Removal of driveway along Student Services building and East Hall
- New plaza/patio area
- New FieldTurf will be installed in the Stadium beginning in July
- The Performance Court floor will be refinished ready for use in July
- North Lot drive lane (in front of Sports Center) will be repaired and resurfaced
Heintz B-Wing (H1100 suite)
- HVAC improvements will continue (HEAPR-funded)
- New signage will be installed in the Heintz Center this summer
- Renovate restrooms on first and/or second floor near Bookstore on first and near Art Gallery and Theatre on second (ADA upgrade)
Electronic Signage/Marquee Project
- New signs installed this summer. Two 8’x16’ LED panels at the corner of CR9/Collegeview and CR22. (Identical product to electronic sign at Graham Park, though smaller)
Additional projects: (not a complete list)
- Smart Classroom upgrades (SH107)
- Campus HVAC control system upgrade
- ST107, 112, 113, 114, renovation work by WSU
- New maintenance garage fencing
- Carpet installation in select areas
- Security camera and blue light repair/replacement
- Administrative suite office moves
For those of you graduating, we encourage you to come back to campus and see all the great improvements which will occur over the summer. For those of you enrolled in summer classes, please bear with us as we work to improve the College. For those of you coming back this fall, we hope you will be pleasantly surprised with all the changes planned.
Communications, Marketing, and External Relations
Rochester Community and Technical College
College Relations and Marketing Department
851 30th Ave. SE, Rochester, MN 55904
(o) 507-536-5604 | (c) 507-358-0740 | email@example.com
www.rctc.edu | blog.rctc.edu | rctc.edu/collegerelations
HAVE A GREAT SUMMER!
Wednesday, May 15
- Baseball, Regional XIIIA Tournament, 4:00pm
Thursday, May 16
- Commencement, Regional Sports Center, 6:00pm