RCTC Student Beehive – November 27, 2019
Check out the following links for important RCTC information: November 28 and 29, Thanksgiving Break – NO CLASSES
NOW is the time to check your account balance via the eServices site.
To view or print your account balance, click here.
Important Information regarding student accounts:
- RCTC no longer mails statements – it is the student’s responsibility to monitor and manage their accounts through the eServices site as detailed below.
- Failure to check your account does not release you from your financial obligation to Rochester Community and Technical College.
- Payments received after the due date will be subject to late and/or payment plan fees.
- Financial aid funds are applied to student accounts after the drop/add period, on Fridays (start the process on Thursdays but Friday is usually when the students have access to their funds so we tell them Fridays) with funds transmitted to BankMobile.
- Students who have not received their financial aid by the payment deadline are required to pay.
- All balances must be paid in full prior to registering for future semesters. Any unpaid balances will be referred to the MN Department of Revenue – Collection Division.
How to Pay:
- Pay at the RCTC Cashiers Office during regular business hours (M-F; 8:00am-4:30pm)
- Send a check payable to RCTC to:
RCTC Cashier’s Office
851 30th Ave SE
Rochester, MN 55904
- Pay with a Visa, MasterCard or e-check via your online account. To make payment online follow these instructions:
- login to your online account
- select the proper semester Login
- select the Student tab
- select My Account
- select Pay Online
- select the institution you wish to pay
- enter the payment amount
- provide required credit card information
- authorize payment
- close payment window
Need a Payment Plan?
If you are unable to fully pay your tuition by the deadline, you may request a payment plan. In all cases, full payment is expected by the end of the semester for which the tuition is owed. RCTC has a contract with “FACTS” as our payment plan provider. After you register, go to check my account balance, click on payments and payment plan option. Please note that the FACTS payment plan is only available until Friday, January 10, 2020. Click here to enroll in a a FACTS/NELNET Plan.
Questions? Contact the Cashier’s office at 507-285-7311 or email@example.com.
Workforce Development, Inc. and CareerForce partners, located in the Heintz Center, provide career services for youth and adults, along with a variety of employment and training programs. Services include:
- Resume assistance
- Interview preparation
- Skill and interest assessment
- Short-term Career Pathway training opportunities
- Placement information, including regular hiring events, job fairs and daily job boards
- Career Lab with computer sand staff to assist with resumes and online job search
- Clothing Closet with FREE interview and work clothing
Contact Workforce Development, Inc. at 507-292-5152 or 800-543-5627.
OVER 145 SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE FOR STUDENTS ATTENDING RCTC
The online scholarship application portal will be open on January 6, 2020 for over 145 scholarships that are available for students who plan to attend Rochester Community and Technical College for Fall 2020/Spring 2021 or who will graduate from RCTC this spring and pursue studies at a four-year college/university.
Features of the portal include:
- Secure online sign-in using Star ID and password. (Students should use their RCTC email address as their primary email for contact.)
- Auto population of student information including name, address, major, credits taken, GPA and more
- Ability to save and come back at a later time to edit which is especially important for essays
- Automatic ability to apply for all scholarships that each student is eligible for based on criteria and general information provided in the application.
Scholarships are awarded on a variety of criteria unique to each scholarship. Check out the Foundation website at www.rctc.edu/foundation/scholarships/apply-for-scholarships for information on tips and examples of essay responses, FAQs, how to calculate a GPA based on a GED score, and a Guide for Navigating the Application Process. The portal, found at https://rctcfoundation.awardspring.com, will close at 4:30 pm on February 14, 2020.
For additional information, please contact the RCTC Foundation Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (507) 281-7771 – Heintz Center, Room H1301.
Featuring the RCTC Concert Choir, Concert Band, Aires and Jazz Band under the direction of Michael Mangan. You will hear all the favorite songs of the season, both old and new, sacred and secular. This family friendly concert has something for everyone, which of course includes the much-loved ice cream social at intermission as well as a visit from the jolly old man himself, Santa!
Friday and Saturday, December 13 and 14 at 7:00pm in Hill Theatre.
Contact Rhonda Jensson in the Hill Theatre Box Office to make your reservations. 507-285-7200.
Tickets: $6.00 Adults, $4.00 Sr Citizens, Children, non-RCTC Students. RCTC Students get in free with valid student ID. CASH OR CHECK ONLY PLEASE.
Thursday, November 28
- Thanksgiving Break – NO CLASSES
Friday, November 29
- Thanksgiving Break – NO CLASSES
Tuesday, December 3
- Men’s Basketball vs. Bethany Lutheran JV, 7:00pm, Home
Intramurals information can be found on the Yellowjackets Athletics website for RCTC.
Events Coming this Semester
|December 5||Lunchtime Jazz|
|December 8||Vikings Game – Off-Campus Trip|
|December 10||Student Creativity Recital|
|December 12||Lunchtime Jazz|
|December 13-14||Christmas Concert|
|December 19||Lunchtime Jazz|
|December 20||Last Day of Classes|
|December 23-January 12||Winter Break – NO CLASSES|
|Men’s Basketball, and Wrestling competitions either at home or away every week
Intramural Sports every week
|Back to top of page|