RCTC Student Beehive – November 4, 2020
Check out the following links for important RCTC information: NO CLASSES on Wednesday, November 11, Veteran’s Day!
FALL 2020 WITHDRAWAL DEADLINE APPROACHING
Please take note the withdrawal deadline for fall semester is approaching on November 25, 2020. Check in with your advisor BEFORE you withdraw to be sure withdrawal is the best option for you!
What is RCTC Emergency Alert?
RCTC’s emergency notification system makes it possible for students, employees, and community members to receive quick notifications by text, phone and email for campus emergencies that threaten life or safety and/or severely impact standard campus operations. The RCTC Emergency Alert system will only be used in emergency situations.
How do I sign up for alerts?
RCTC Students and Employees: All current RCTC students and employees automatically receive RCTC Emergency Alerts at their RCTC email accounts. If you wish to receive alerts as a text message, a phone message, or at another email address, you need to set up an account by using either your RCTC email address or a personal email address as a user ID. You will need to establish a password for this account.
All Others: Non RCTC students and employees may sign-up to receive RCTC Emergency Alerts. If you wish to receive alerts as a text message, a phone message, or at an email address, you need to set up an account by using an email address as a user ID. You will need to establish a password for this account.
Password Settings: Passwords must be at least 8 characters, include 1 lower-case letter, 1 capital letter and 1 number. Spaces and special characters are not permitted.
Other Helpful Information
- RCTC will continue to post weather closures/late start information to radio and television stations identified in our policies.
- If you have any issues with your messaging/alert settings, please contact the Technology Support Center.
- Check out the frequently asked questions about the Emergency Alert System.
- Visit the Campus Safety Web Site today!
SHHH…RCTC MEDITATION ROOM
Did you know that RCTC has set aside a room for quiet meditation? It is located in the Goddard Library (GL204). Students are invited to use the Meditation Room whenever they’d like according to the following guidelines:
- There should be no more than 1 person in the room at one time.
- The door handles should be cleaned BEFORE and AFTER use. Cleaning supplies are available right outside the room.
- This space is intended for meditation or quiet reflection. Please take conversation, music, game playing, electronics and any noisemakers to other locations on campus.
- This is a cell phone and electronics free zone.
- Bring in what you need but leave nothing behind.
- Please keep this area clear and free of messages. There are appropriate message boards for your use located on campus.
- Study space is available in the library. Please do not study in the Meditation Room.
- So that all may have access to the Meditation Room, please limit your visit to no more than 30 minutes at a time.
Enjoy your time in the Meditation Room!
- November 10: Leadership Training
- November 17: Creative Project Management
- November 18: Concordia School of Pharmacy Virtual Visit
- December 1: Study Skills Coaching
- December 1: St. Thomas Virtual Transfer Visit
- December 7: UMN BSN Program Virtual Transfer Visit –