RCTC Student Beehive – September 16, 2020

Check out the following links for important RCTC information:

FN/FW Grade Notice
Fall Graduation Deadline – October 6
E-Services Proxy Bill Payer
Student Emergency Fund

Instructors may assign students the grades of FN and FW.  The grade designations are for students who never attend a class and students who stop attending a class during the semester but do not officially withdraw.  These grades carry the same weight as a failing grade (F).  Withdrawals from courses where students were assigned an FN or FW cannot be made using the eServices site.  If students are assigned an FN or FW grade prior to the end of the withdraw date for a course, they can still elect to withdraw but must do so in person in Records and Registration.

Back to top of page

Graduation applications are due within the first 30 days of the semester you intend on completing program requirements.  The Fall Semester Graduation Application Deadline is Tuesday, October 6, 2020.  You can find the graduation application form on our website. Accurate and complete DARS Audits must be attached to the application.  You can access your DARS Audit through the eServices site.   Graduation details will be available on our graduation website in April.

Back to top of page

eServices Has a function which allows students to provide proxy (i.e. guest) access to most of the Bills and Payments features on the web. Designated individuals will be able to view account information (just as you would see it) and make payments on your behalf.

When logged into eServices you will be able to select an option from the Bills and Payments or the Profile web page to initiate the process for one or more people. Simply provide the name and email address of proxy bill payer(s) and the system sends the payer an email notice with instructions for activating their access. The payer must activate access within 5 days and it will remain active for 6 months. You can return at any time to add additional entries, or modify, re-activate, or revoke access to those already on your list.

To begin, select the “Give Someone Access to Pay My Bill” button from the Bills and Payments summary page. The first time you enter you will need to read and accept the terms and conditions of use. After that you just add the name and email address and select the “Send or Renew Access Request” button. That person will receive email instructions on activating their access to your account. They will have access to nearly all “Bills and Payments” functionality, but no other section of your eServices account. They will not be able to enroll in a payment plan, nor will they be able to designate anyone else to have this access. They will be able to view your class schedule through the Account Activity PDF form.

Important notes:

  1. You assume all responsibility for any potential financial aid and/or tax implications of someone making a payment on your behalf using this site. Only individuals who are either your parents or guardians should be identified as an alternate payer.
  2. Providing access to alternate payers is not a guarantee of payment. You are solely responsible for the timely payment of all outstanding balances. An unpaid balance will result in a hold that will impact your ability to register for classes and possible collection activity.

Back to top of page

We get it – life happens. If you’re facing a financial crisis, this is the help you’ve been looking for.

The RCTC Student Emergency Fund helps current RCTC students when unexpected emergency expenses arise. Students must be Pell grant recipients to be eligible for the funds and funds distributed do not generally exceed $500.

Accidents, illnesses, death of a family member, car repair, transportation, back-up child care, and temporary housing are just some of the situations this fund can help cover. Expenses not covered include tuition, fees, books, health insurance, tools, non-essential utilities (like cable), parking tickets, entertainment, recreation, non-emergency travel, and other non-essential expenses.

For more information or to apply for funds, visit the Student Emergency Fund webpage.

Back to top of page


Comments are closed.