RCTC Student Beehive – September 18, 2019
Check out the following links for important RCTC information:
FAILURE FOR NON-ATTENDANCE (FN) AND FAILTURE TO WITHDRAW (FW)
Instructors may assign students the grades of FN and FW. The grade designations are for students who never attend a class and students who stop attending a class during the semester but do not officially withdraw. These grades carry the same weight as a failing grade (F). Withdrawals from courses where students were assigned an FN or FW cannot be made using the eServices site. If students are assigned an FN or FW grade prior to the end of the withdraw date for a course, they can still elect to withdraw but must do so in person in Records and Registration.
FALL GRADUATION APPLICATION DEADLINE – OCTOBER 8
Graduation applications are due within the first 30 days of the semester you intend on completing program requirements. The Fall Semester Graduation Application Deadline is Tuesday, October 8, 2019. You can find the graduation application form on our graduation website. Accurate and complete DARS Audits must be attached to the application. You can access your DARS Audit through the eServices site. Graduation details are available on our graduation website.
eSERVICES PROXY BILL PAYER
eServices has a function which allows students to provide proxy (i.e. guest) access to most of the Bills and Payments features on the web. Designated individuals will be able to view account information (just as you would see it) and make payments on your behalf.
When logged into eServices you will be able to select an option from the Bills and Payments or the Profile web page to initiate the process for one or more people. Simply provide the name and email address of proxy bill payer(s) and the system sends the payer an email notice with instructions for activating their access. The payer must activate access within 5 days and it will remain active for 6 months. You can return at any time to add additional entries, or modify, re-activate, or revoke access to those already on your list.
To begin, select the “Give Someone Access to Pay My Bill” button from the Bills and Payments summary page. The first time you enter you will need to read and accept the terms and conditions of use. After that you just add the name and email address and select the “Send or Renew Access Request” button. That person will receive email instructions on activating their access to your account. They will have access to nearly all “Bills and Payments” functionality, but no other section of your eServices account. They will not be able to enroll in a payment plan, nor will they be able to designate anyone else to have this access. They will be able to view your class schedule through the Account Activity PDF form.
- You assume all responsibility for any potential financial aid and/or tax implications of someone making a payment on your behalf using this site. Only individuals who are either your parents or guardians should be identified as an alternate payer.
- Providing access to alternate payers is not a guarantee of payment. You are solely responsible for the timely payment of all outstanding balances. An unpaid balance will result in a hold that will impact your ability to register for classes and possible collection activity.
The Student Emergency Fund (SEF) assists RCTC students by providing financial support when they need assistance with unexpected emergency expenses surrounding situations such as accidents, illnesses, death of a family member, transportation issues, fire damage or need for temporary housing.
Students who are in need of emergency financial assistance should contact the Advising/ Counseling Department at (507) 285-7260 or in person at SS133.
Thursday, September 19 – Homecoming Week
- Pancake Breakfast, 8:00am, Heintz Center, Free breakfast for the first 100 students!
- Movie in THE HIVE (3rd Floor College Center), 2:00pm-4:00pm. Get into the sporting spirit with “Invincible”
- Soccer vs. Martin Luther College, 4:00pm, Home
Friday, September 20 – Homecoming Week
- Office Spirit Wars – Judging Day!
- Volleyball vs. Anoka-Ramsey CC, 6:30pm, Home
Saturday, September 21 – Homecoming Week
- Volleyball vs. St. Cloud Tech, 12:00pm, Home
- Soccer vs. MN West, 3:00pm, Away
- Pre-Game Tailgate with the Yellowjackets, Dr. Pepper and MN 97.5, 6:00pm-7:00pm, Stadium. Win a package which will include a corn hole game, fold out chair, a pack of Dr. Pepper, RCTC season tickets, Yellowjacket swag and more. Bring your families!
- Football vs. Central Lakes – Brainerd, 7:00pm, Home – HOMECOMING GAME
Wednesday, September 25
- Rochester Customer Service Job Fair, 10:00am-12:00pm, Heintz Center
Stop out to the Heintz Center and see lots of local employers who are looking to hire you in a customer service job. They’ll be giving away 30 gift cards!For more information visit: www.jobsHQ.com/careerfairs.
- Soccer vs. College of Saint Scholastica, 6:00pm, Home
- Volleyball vs. Riverland CC, 6:30pm, Home
Intramurals information can be found on the Yellowjackets Athletics website for RCTC.
Events Coming this Semester
|October 5||Chainsmokers Concert|
|October 17-18||Education MN Conference – NO CLASSES|
|October 22||WILD Game – Off-Campus Trip|
|November 11||Veterans’ Day – NO CLASSES|
|December 8||Thanksgiving Break – NO CLASSES|
|December 8||Vikings Game – Off-Campus Trip|
|Football, Soccer and Volleyball games either at home or away every week
Intramural Sports every week
|Back to top of page|