RCTC Student Beehive – September 19, 2018
Check out the following links for important RCTC information:
Failure for Non-Attendance (FN) and Failure to Withdraw (FW)
Next Week is Homecoming Week
Fall Graduation Application Deadline
eServices Proxy Bill Payer
Student Emergency Fund
UPCOMING EVENTS – New this Year! Check out our events category at the end of each Beehive!
FAILURE FOR NON-ATTENDANCE (FN) AND FAILURE TO WITHDRAW (FW)
Instructors may assign students the grades of FN and FW. The grade designations are for students who never attend a class and students who stop attending a class during the semester but do not officially withdraw. These grades carry the same weight as a failing grade (F). Withdrawals from courses where students were assigned an FN or FW cannot be made using the eServices site. If students are assigned an FN or FW grade prior to the end of the withdraw date for a course, they can still elect to withdraw but must do so in person in Admissions.
NEXT WEEK IS HOMECOMING WEEK!
Get ready for RCTCHomecoming Week! September 24-29. There are a number of events planned throughout the week and I’ve included a brief outline below, but for the full schedule please visit: http://www.rctc.edu/homecoming
- Monday: PEP-RALLY! 11:00am-Noon in the outdoor Amphitheater by the Sports Center Lawn! Get yourHomecoming T-shirt, enjoy free food, & pick up some spirit items!
- Tuesday: Video Game Madness in the Cafeteria 10:00am-1:00pm. Get yourHomecoming T-shirt, enjoy free food, & pick up some spirit items!
- Wednesday: PEP-RALLY! @Heintz Center 11:00am-Noon. Get yourHomecoming T-shirt, enjoy free food, & pick up some spirit items!
- Thursday: Throwback Thursday! 10:00am-until gone in the Atrium. Pick up a Root Beer Float from the Yellowjacket Football Team!
- Friday: Office Spirit Wars – Judging Day! Volleyball Game @6:30pm in the Sports Center Performance Court
- Saturday: Pre-Game Tailgate Party at 2:30pm at the Stadium! Bring your families! Football?kick-off?at 3:00pm!
Be sure to wear your YELLOWJACKET gear all week for a chance to win prizes! RCTC students get in to all sporting events for FREE with Student ID! Questions, reach out to Student Life firstname.lastname@example.org?or 507-285-7204.
FALL GRADUATION APPLICATION DEADLINE OCTOBER 9
Graduation applications are due within the first 30 days of the semester you intend on completing program requirements.The Fall Semester Graduation Application Deadline is Monday, October 9, 2018.? You can find the graduation application form on our website. Accurate and complete DARS Audits must be attached to the application. You can access your DARS Audit through the eServices site. Graduation details are available on our website.
eSERVICES PROXY BILL PAYER
eServices has a function which allows students to provide proxy (i.e. guest) access to most of the Bills and Payments features on the web. Designated individuals will be able to view account information (just as you would see it) and make payments on your behalf.
When logged into eServices you will be able to select an option from the Bills and Payments or the Profile web page to initiate the process for one or more people. Simply provide the name and email address of proxy bill payer(s) and the system sends the payer an email notice with instructions for activating their access. The payer must activate access within 5 days and it will remain active for 6 months. You can return at any time to add additional entries, or modify, re-activate, or revoke access to those already on your list.
To begin, select the ?Give Someone Access to Pay My Bill? button from the Bills and Payments summary page. The first time you enter you will need to read and accept the terms and conditions of use. After that you just add the name and email address and select the ?Send or Renew Access Request? button. That person will receive email instructions on activating their access to your account. They will have access to nearly all ?Bills and Payments? functionality, but no other section of your eServices account. They will not be able to enroll in a payment plan, nor will they be able to designate anyone else to have this access. They will be able to view your class schedule through the Account Activity PDF form.
- You assume all responsibility for any potential financial aid and/or tax implications of someone making a payment on your behalf using this site. Only individuals who are either your parents or guardians should be identified as an alternate payer.
- Providing access to alternate payers is not a guarantee of payment. You are solely responsible for the timely payment of all outstanding balances. An unpaid balance will result in a hold that will impact your ability to register for classes and possible collection activity.
The RCTC Student Emergency Fund helps current RCTC students when unexpected emergency expenses arise. The money is not available during the summer term, and students must be a Pell grant recipient to be eligible for the funds.
Accidents, illnesses, death of a family member, car repair, transportation, back-up child care, and temporary housing are just some of the situations this fund can help cover. Expenses not covered include tuition, fees, books, health insurance, tools, non-essential utilities (like cable), parking tickets, entertainment, recreation, non-emergency travel, and other non-essential expenses.
Stop by the Counseling/Advising department (SS133) to meet with a counselor or advisor to learn more about this fund and other on- and off-campus resources.
Thursday, September 20
- DRUNK DRIVING AWARENESS, Atrium at 11:00am
- INTRAMURALS SOCCER, Sports Center Lawn at 3:00pm, 4:00pm, 5:00pm
Friday, September 21
- BASEBALL, Alumni Scrimmage, HOME, 6:00pm
- VOLLEYBALL vs. Minnesota State Community and Technical College, HOME, 6:30pm
Saturday, September 22
- FOOTBALL vs. Central Lakes College, Brainerd, AWAY at 1:30pm
- SOCCER vs. Lake Superior College, AWAY, 11:00am
- VOLLEYBALL vs. Ridgewater College, HOME, 12:00pm
- SOFTBALL, Alumni Scrimmage, HOME, 2:00pm
- INTRAMURALS SOCCER, Sports Center Lawn, 3:00pm, 4:00pm, 5:00pm
Sunday, September 23
- SOCCER vs. College of St. Scholastica, AWAY, 3:00pm
Monday, September 24
- HOMECOMING PEP RALLY, Amphitheatre, 11:00am
- LIBRARY TOUR, 11:00am
Tuesday, September 25
- INTRAMURAL VOLLEYBALL, Sports Center Lawn, 11:00am
- NATIONAL VOTER REGISTRATION DAY
- VIDEO GAME MADNESS, Cafeteria, 10:00am-1:00pm
Wednesday, September 26
- HOMECOMING PEP RALLY, Heintz Center, 11:00am
- WOMEN’S SOCCER vs. Minnesota West, HOME, 4:00pm
- VOLLEYBALL vs. Bethel JV, AWAY, 7:00pm
Events Coming in October
|Date||Events in October|
|October 2:||Touchdown Tuesday Sale in the Bookstore|
|October 4:||Therapy Dog Thursday (every Thursday in October)|
|October 8:||ValleyScare Tickets Available Starting Today
Old Socks Day
|October 9:||Overcoming Stigma: A conversation about mental health and suicide prevention|
|October 10:||Managing Anxiety Workshop|
|October 15:||“The Stress Test” – Keynote Presentation, Hill Theatre, 11:00am|
|October 18-19:||Education Minnesota Conference NO CLASSES|
|October 22:||MN Vikings Game Tickets Available Starting Today|
|October 23:||Happy Hour: The Science of Happy
Tunnel of Terror (10/23-10/31)
|October 26:||ValleyScare Student Life Off-Campus Trip|
|October 27-November 3:||Fall Children’s Play|
|October 31:||Glow-in-the-Dark Yoga Session 1 and Session 2
|Soccer, Volleyball, Football and Basketball games either at home or away every week
Intramural Sports every week