Student Beehive – April 27, 2016
Check out the following links for important RCTC information:
RELEASE OF INFORMATION
Student records are privacy protected by law. RCTC students sometimes provide consent to give someone else access to their educational records such as a parent or spouse. Students are given an opportunity to designate educational consent at their STAR session their first semester. This consent form is valid for only one year.
We encourage you to consider updating your educational consent before summer begins. The form is located here:and identified as ?informed consent/release of data.
NOW is the time to check your account balance via the eServices site at www.rctc.edu/eservices.
If you need instructions for viewing or printing your account balance, go to:
Important Information regarding student accounts:
- RCTC no longer mails statements it is the student’s responsibility to monitor and manage their accounts through the eServices site as detailed below.
- Failure to check your account does not release you from your financial obligation to Rochester Community and Technical College.
- Payments received after the due date will be subject to late and/or payment plan fees.
- Financial aid funds are applied to student accounts after the drop/add period, on Fridays. Financial Aid funds are first applied toward your outstanding balance. If Financial Aid funds remain after tuition, fees and all outstanding charges are paid, the remaining balance (often referred to as a ‘change check’) is released to the student either in the form of a? to their personal bank account, or in the form of a paper check.
- Students who have not received their financial aid by the payment deadline are required to pay.
- All balances must be paid in full prior to registering for future semesters. Any unpaid balances will be turned over for collection. Rochester Community and Technical College uses the Minnesota Department of Revenue Collection Division to collect any unpaid fees.
How to Pay:
- Pay at the RCTC Cashiers Office during regular business hours (M-F; 8:00am-4:30pm)
- Send a check payable to RCTC to:
RCTC Cashier’s Office
851 30th Ave SE
Rochester, MN? 55904
- Pay with a Visa, MasterCard or e-check via your online account. To make payment online follow these instructions:
- login to your online account
- select the proper semester Login
- select the Student tab
- select My Account
- select Pay Online
- select the institution you wish to pay
- enter the payment amount
- provide required credit card information
- authorize payment
- close payment window
Need a Payment Plan?
If you are unable to fully pay your tuition by the deadline, you may request a payment plan. In all cases, full payment is expected by the end of the semester for which the tuition is owed. RCTC has a contract with “ ” as our payment plan provider. After you register, go to check my account balance, click on payments and payment plan option.
Contact Ruth Siefert, RCTC Business Officer Supervisor, at (507) 285-7472 or email@example.com.
Every spring, the Education for Global LearningConsortium?hosts a study-abroad semester in friendly and safe Costa Rica, where students live?with families to learn more about the culture while completing a full semester of classes during the coldest winter months in Minnesota! While in Costa Rica, students take 8 credits of Spanish and Spanish Culture, as well as 6 credits from the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (taught by two Minnesota professors). They also enjoy field trips that might include such activities as ziplining across the cloud-forest canopy, hiking to see a volcano, visiting a wildlife refuge, watching artisans at work, eating in a local soda, shopping in a rural village, or exploring one of the country’s many coffee plantations.
Discover Costa Rica here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvXNWz6qhfM
For more information, please contact Lori Halverson-Wente.