Student Beehive – December 2
Check out the following links for important RCTC information:
HOW TO REQUEST A TRANSCRIPT
Your college transcript is the official record of all courses taken at RCTC. There are two ways to access your transcript. (RCTC does not accept transcript requests via fax machine nor do we fax transcripts)
RCTC transcripts cannot be released in the following scenarios:
- There is a hold on your RCTC record.
- There is a discrepancy (duplicate) on your RCTC record.
- If you attended RCC prior to 1968 and/or RTC prior to 1990*
*RCTC will continue to require a transcript request and charge transcript fees for all archived records.
If you need an official copy of your transcript, you must make a request to RCTC through the National Clearinghouse at: https://www.studentclearinghouse.org/secure_area/Transcript/to_home.aspt=085132&LoginHome=to_home.asp. To send transcripts to a MnSCU institution, please see Send Transcript to another MNSCU Institution? below.
Unofficial Transcript (Student Copy):
You can access your full transcript for FREE via the eServices site. This transcript is identical to the official transcript in content; however it is not printed on security-paper and thus is not certified as an official RCTC document. Unofficial / Student copies of transcripts are not acceptable generally for employers or other colleges.
To get a FREE copy from the eServices site, follow these instructions or view the steps:
- Log in to the eServices at
- On the left menu select, “Grades and Transcripts.”
- Then select from the sub-menu, “Academic Record.”
- Select the option by which you want to view your academic record, then select “Get Academic Record.”
- Your academic record will be displayed by the criteria you selected. To get just a printable, text copy, select “Text Copy of this Academic Record.”
- Remember to log out of your account when finished.
Send Transcript to another MnSCU Institution
Students who plan to have a transcript sent to a Minnesota State College or University (MnSCU) do not need to complete a transcript request. Electronic transcript retrieval is now possible among all MnSCU institutions for students who are enrolled or transferring to another MnSCU institution. As a result it is no longer necessary for most students to order transcripts to be sent to another MnSCU institution. Be sure to ask staff at the receiving MnSCU institution about their e-transcript retrieval procedures. Only in some cases will you be asked to order your transcript. RCTC will continue to require a request and will charge transcript fees for all archived records to any destination. This enhancement does not apply to the University of Minnesota.
Reverse Transcripts (from any MnSCU institution):
RCTC will attempt to retrieve e-Transcripts from all other MnSCU institutions you have attended at the point of application. If you would like an updated transcript pulled, please submit a MnSCU retrieval form which can be downloaded at: .
- Earlier registration benefits YOU because you will have your schedule and plan in place before finishing out Fall Semester.
- You can also plan your work/personal schedules earlier too.
- Don’t assume seats in courses will remain available… new students have already started registering for Spring Semester
- Financial Aid students with an accepted award do NOT need to pay at the time of registration. Your Financial Aid award will hold your courses and payment will not be due until February 12, 2016.
Online registration for Spring 2016 is open to all current and returning students. You are able to register on the eServices site today (www.rctc.edu/eservices)! All students are strongly encouraged to meet with their academic advisor or counselor prior to registering for any term. For assistance, you can contact Admissions/Records by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (507) 285-7268 or (800) 247-1296 ext. 7268 until 5pm.
Best wishes for successful completion of your semester at RCTC!
Get FREE hands-on help from a MNsure certified navigator
- 2nd Monday & 4th Tuesday of each month
- Begins Tuesday, September 22nd and continues through fall semester.
- 11am-3pm RCTC Student Health Services, HS140
- No appointment necessary just walk in!
PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING WITH YOU:
- Social security number for each person applying
- Date of birth for everyone in household not just those applying
- Information about any employer-provided health insurance available to each person applying even if they did not enroll in the employer-sponsored coverage (Get this from the employer it can be your employer, your parent’s or spouse’s employer, etc.)
- Details about all types of household income expected in 2015.
IT IS ALSO HELPFUL TO BRING:
- For non-citizens: Green Card or other immigration documents
- 2014 tax forms (1040EZ or page 1 of 1040)
- Recent pay stubs (two consecutive)
- W2 form or Employer Tax ID Number (EIN)
Visit www. MNsure.org for information about all state health programs, including those for low-income residents, and special enrollment options.
If you are unable to attend but have a question or would like enrollment assistance, please contact
Health Access MN appointment line: 507-589-8649
RCTC WORLD DRUM ENSEMBLE CONCERT
You are cordially invited to a performance by the RCTC World Drum Ensemble next Tuesday, December 8 at 7:00pm in the College Center 3rd floor Dining Room. Admission is free and all are welcome!
RCTC’s World Drum Ensemble performs world beat music with West African origins. This music often represents a synthesis of styles that come from both Africa and Europe as in the Brazilian pieces you will hear. Also featured are songs from Cuba accompanied by the African derived style known as Bembe, and two original pieces we hope you enjoy. Join us!
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
December 9, 10, 11, 12, 2015
The concert will feature the Concert Band, Concert Choir, and Aires. The first half of the concert will be in Hill Theatre. Intermission will take place in the 3rd floor cafeteria where you may indulge your sweet tooth at our ice cream social with build-your-own ice cream sundaes, cookies and beverages. The second half of the show will conclude in Hill Theatre and will feature bright music, a visit from Santa along with some upbeat singing and dancing from his elves (the Aires).
$8.00 Sr. Citizens (65 and over), Children, non-RCTC Students
RCTC students receive one free ticket with valid student ID
We accept cash or check.
507-285-7200 for tickets and more information or simply reply by email.