- Rochester Community and Technical College (RCTC) completed the required certification to receive funding from the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA).
- RCTC has received $5,542,745 in CRRSAA funding. $1,314,750 of these funds will be distributed to students through Emergency Financial Aid Grants.
- As of March 16th, 2021, RCTC has distributed $1,152,550 in the form of direct grants to students with demonstrated need according to their calculated Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) as determined by their completed 2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Direct grants of $350 were distributed to 1,842 students with EFCs below $10,000. Of those students, 1,451 were Pell-eligible and received a supplemental award amount of $350 for a total direct grant of $700. Students with questions about receiving direct grant funds may contact the RCTC Financial Aid office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The remaining $162,200 will be distributed to students through application-based Student Emergency Fund grants. Funds are being prioritized to serve students with exceptional need as related to the Cost of Attendance at the College (tuition, food, housing, health care, and childcare) and range from $500-$1000. Beginning March 19th, students may apply for CRRSAA emergency funds. The application can be found here. In order to access the application you will need to login using your email address email@example.com and STAR ID password
Students with questions about applying for the Student Emergency Fund may email SEF@rctc.edu.
- Eligibility criteria for CRRSAA funding was determined based on guidance from the U.S. Department of education and the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Office of General Counsel.