The information below lists scholarships that are awarded by outside organizations not affiliated with the Rochester Community and Technical College Foundation. Students are required to inform the Financial Aid Office of any scholarship awards they may be receiving from their high school, community clubs, organizations, scholarship foundations, or other resources.
There are also other sources for a private scholarship search.
- Your high school, if you are graduating this year
- You or your parents’ places of employment
- Local businesses and civic organizations
- College Board’s Scholarship: www.collegeboard.com/pay
- FastWeb Scholarship Search: www.fastweb.com
- Student Scholarships: www.studentscholarships.org
- Scholarships & Grants: www.scholarshipsandgrants.us/community-college-scholarships/
- Community College Scholarships: www.scholarshippoints.com/scholarships/community-college-scholarships/
Minnesota State College Student Association (MSCSA) Scholarships
The Minnesota State College Student Association (MSCSA) offers six different scholarships, three are leadership based, two are for technical college students and one is for a student attending one of the five colleges within the Northeast Higher Education District. Each have their own qualifications and criteria.
The MSCSA Leadership Scholarship is the most highly sought after scholarship. If you apply for this, you are automatically eligible for the McCormick Leadership Scholarship which will only be awarded in November for the following spring semester. The third leadership based scholarship is the Dr. Steve and Darla Frantz Leadership endowment. Preference will be given to students who are serving or have served in good standing in any branch of the United States Military or other U.S. national service and have exhausted federal and state service related education benefits excluding the Minnesota GI Bill. This scholarship will only be awarded in May for the following fall semester.
Additional criteria information, deadlines and applications for these scholarship are available at www.mscsa.org/about-mscsa/scholarship.