To receive these texts, you must have a mobile device number on file within eServices. Follow the instructions below to access your account in eServices and enable text messaging:
- Access Student eServices via the rctc.edu homepage (Quick Links in upper right corner) or here
- Go to account management
- Click to opt in to text messages
- Follow the instructions in order
- You will receive a confirmation text with a PIN number—enter that when instructed
- Note: data and message charges may apply depending on your individual wireless provider and contract
Rest assured, these texts will only be used for official College communications. Your number will never be given to any outside group or individuals. You may opt-out by visiting the account management section of eServices, but are encouraged to stay enrolled.
Please note: this texting system is not used for emergency announcements. To receive text messages regarding campus emergencies or closures, please go to https://rctc.bbcportal.com/ to sign up and maintain your preferences.