All prerequisites must be successfully completed prior to the admission in BUM programs.
- READ 0900 Score Achieved on the Placement Exam OR Completion of READ 0800 with a “C” or better.
- Completion of MATH 1015 (if tested on Accuplacer at MATH 0093) OR MATH 1016 with a “C” or better (if tested at MATH 0098 or higher on the Accuplacer)
- Completed prior MATH coursework (1015 or 1016) with a minimum grade of ‘C’ or better.
- Declared major with the Office of Admissions and Records is one or more of the Building Utilities Mechanic Programs
- If your declared major is NOT one of the BUM programs, you will not be admitted to the program until your declared major is one of the BUM programs.
- Submit final official transcripts from ALL previously attended colleges and, your high school transcript.
- Your most current final official transcripts need to be on file at RCTC prior to the application for admission to a BUM program.
NEW STUDENTS (No previous college experience)
- Submit a final official high school transcript with graduation date or GED.
- Submit placement test results (attach to this application)
- You must test into READ 0900 to be eligible for BUM I courses, OR test into READ 0900 and also complete MATH 1015 or 1016 with a ‘C’ or better to be eligible for admission into BUM II courses.
- Only OFFICIAL transcripts will be considered.
- Please request that the high school or college(s) mail the transcript(s) directly to RCTC.
- If delivered by you, final official transcript(s) MUST be sealed in an envelope from each school.
- UNOFFICIAL and INCOMPLETE transcripts will NOT be considered.
- Faxed transcripts are unofficial.
- A broken or tampered envelope seal is unofficial.
- Missing grades, grades of incomplete “I” and missing graduation dates, will be deemed incomplete.
- Evaluation of credits is based on receipt of official transcript(s) and is done automatically. Upon completion, a degree audit report (DARS) will be e-mailed to you. Please allow 4 weeks from the date we receive your official transcript(s).