EXPANDED FUNCTIONS CERTIFICATE PROGRAM:
This certificate program is for dental assistants that are already Certified Dental Assistants (Certified by the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc.) but have not been trained in the Minnesota Expanded Functions.
Option #5: Dental Assistant Expanded Functions Certificate Program
13 credits – Course sequencing is as follows:
|DA 1225: Dental Infection Control||2 cr||DA 1265 Expanded Functions I||7 cr||None|
|DA 1275: Expanded Functions II||1 cr|
|Total||2 cr||Total||8 cr|
- Earned a “2.5” GPA or better from high school or college.
- The applicant must be currently a Certified Dental Assistant (Certified by the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc.) and provide a copies of their certification documents.
- Current certification in American Red Cross Professional Rescuer Level CPR/AED or American Heart BLS Healthcare Provider CPR/AED (Adult, Child, and Infant CPR + AED course.) and must provide a copy of their certificate.
- Hepatitis B vaccine.
- Physical Assessment
- Health Insurance
- Approved background check.
- Apply to RCTC and declare Dental Assisting as your major.
Complete the following two (2) applications and return them to RCTC Admissions and Records:
- RCTC General Application: www.rctc.edu/admissions/html/applicationform.html
- Dental Assistant Program Application (after September 1st)
Pre-requisite to Enter Spring Semester Courses:
Minimum of a “C” letter grade in DA 1225 Dental Infection Control, prior to enrolling in DA 1265, DA 1275, or DA 1270.