Upon completion of the Natural Science program at RCTC, students will achieve the following outcomes:
- Explain and properly apply the scientific method by developing valid hypotheses, designing experiments, gathering relevant data using current technology, and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data.
- Prepare written and oral scientific communications that use tables and graphs to report results, that describe detailed experimental procedures, and that clearly explain conclusions.
- Critically evaluate contributions to science reported in all forms of media, and be able to identify valid approaches to scientific problem solving and reporting.
- Exhibit growth in academic performance and personal and professional responsibility.
- Demonstrate basic laboratory skills, such as making accurate and precise measurements, using a microscope, preparing solutions, operating current instrumentation, and preparing samples for various analyses.
- Exhibit an ability to work independently and collaboratively.