On Wednesday, March 25, 2020, Olmsted County will begin a major road construction project to replace Collegeview Road SE/CSAH 9. This work will directly impact traffic heading to the RCTC campus. Work will be completed in two phases.
June 30, 2020 Update
Olmsted County will begin phase 2 of its CSAH 9/Collegeview Rd reconstruction project on Monday, August 3rd. Please note the following impacts to campus:
- CR9/Collegeview Rd will be open to traffic from CSAH 22 (East Circle Drive) to the east entrance of the RCTC Heintz Center East Lot (see map).
- CR9/Collegeview Rd will be closed from 19th Ave SE to Campus Drive SE (Olmsted County Buildings). This includes the main driveway to the Heintz Center East Parking Lot.
- The Heintz East Lot can be accessed from westbound traffic on CR9/Collegeview Rd. coming from the east (CR22/East Circle Drive)
- Traffic may only exit the Heintz East Lot to the right (east) onto CR9/Collegeview Rd.
- The Heintz West Lot will still be accessible via 19th Ave. The East Lot will be accessible via College Parkway along the south side of the Heintz Center (see map).
Please be sure to note the new roundabout at the intersection of College Drive and CR9/Collegeview Rd. (see map)
Phase 2 of this project is expected to be completed October 31, 2020.
For additional information, you click here.
Detour signs will be in place through the duration of this road work.
Phase I—March 25-August 3, 2020
CSAH 9 (Collegeview Road) will be closed from the primary east entrance of the RCTC Heintz Center east to County Rd 22/East Circle Drive. The main entrance on the west side of the Heintz Center will be open during Phase 1 construction accessible via 19th St. SE.
Phase 2 – August 3-November 2, 2020
CSAH 9 (Collegeview Road) will be closed from the east entrance of the RCTC Heintz Center west to 19th St. SE (4th Street/Center Street intersection). Access to the west entrance of the Heintz Center and the East Lot will only be available via College Parkway from the south and east.