The SEF assists Rochester Community and Technical College students by providing financial support when they need assistance with unexpected emergency expenses surrounding situations such as accidents, illnesses, death of a family member, transportation issues, fire damage, or need for temporary housing. Students are referred to Advising and Counseling, room SS133 in the main building, or by phone at 507-285-7260. Students will meet one-on-one with a counselor or advisor to assist them with discovering resources both on and off campus. Student resource information is available.
The Student Emergency Fund (SEF) is made available in cooperation with the Counseling/Advising department, Financial Aid and the Foundation.
Expenses Covered by the Emergency Fund:
- Medical expenses
- Transportation, car repair
- Back up child care
- Others, not listed
Expenses Not Covered
- Tuition, fees, health insurance, books, tools
- Non-essential utilities (i.e. cable), household or furniture costs not related to damage or theft
- Parking tickets
- Costs for entertainment, recreation, non-emergency travel or other non-essential expenses
- Applicants must have a financial hardship resulting from an emergency, accident or other unexpected critical incident
- Applicants must be currently enrolled students and have demonstrated financial need
- Applicants must complete an online application and submit supporting documentation
Students who are in need of emergency financial assistance should contact the Counseling/Advising Department at 507-285-7260 or in person at SS133. The receptionist will assist students in meeting with a Counselor or Advisor to discuss their situation. Students will receive support in identifying campus and community resources to assist them with their emergency. Students are required to complete an application and submit supporting documentation to be considered. Funds distributed do not generally exceed $500.