The Student Emergency Fund (SEF) supports Rochester Community and Technical College students by providing financial assistance with unexpected emergency expenses surrounding situations such as accidents, illnesses, death of a family member, transportation issues, fire damage, or need for temporary housing.
Students can complete a Student Emergency Fund application here.
For more information on available campus and community resources click here.
The Student Emergency Fund (SEF) is made available in cooperation with the Counseling/Advising department, Financial Aid and the Foundation.
Expenses Covered by the Emergency Fund:
- Medical expenses
- Transportation, car repair
- Back up child care
- Others, not listed
Expenses Not Covered
- Tuition, fees, health insurance, books, tools
- Non-essential utilities (i.e. cable), household or furniture costs not related to damage or theft
- Parking tickets
- Costs for entertainment, recreation, non-emergency travel or other non-essential expenses
- Applicants must have a financial hardship resulting from an emergency, accident or other unexpected critical incident
- Applicants must be currently enrolled students and have demonstrated financial need
- Applicants must complete an online application and submit supporting documentation
Students who are in need of emergency financial assistance can complete the application here. Upon completing the appliation a staff member will follow up with the student in order to identify additional campus and community resources to assist them with their emergency. Students are required to complete an application and submit supporting documentation to be considered. Funds distributed do not generally exceed $500.