Legacy Scholars provides intensive supports for RCTC and WSU students of color ages 18-24 who may not have always had a positive support system and who are enrolled in at least 6 credits. Legacy Scholars are committed to creating a positive future.
Legacy Scholars will provide intensive supports such as:
- Emotional support: Healing circles, 1 on 1 mentoring
- Educational support: Including assistance with tuition, books, materials, application process, FAFSA, financial aid, and budgeting
- Assistance with basic needs including food, shelter, clothing, gas, assistance obtaining medical and dental insurance, etc.
- Goal setting: Developing academic and career plans
- Providing a positive support system
The Legacy Scholars program has the capacity to support 25 students. If you are committed to your academic success and wish to apply to be a part of the program, please download and complete the application found here. Please do not leave anything blank. You may submit your completed application by dropping it off at the Legacy Scholars/Multicultural Resource Room CC301, the Welcome and One Stop Center at RCTC, or by emailing it to email@example.com.
The Legacy Scholars program is being administered by Project Legacy. You may learn more about Project Legacy’s mission here.