Procedure for Power Outage
- Remain calm.
- Provide assistance to others in your immediate area that may be unfamiliar with the space.
- If you are in an unlighted area, proceed cautiously to an area that has emergency lights.
- If you are in an elevator, stay calm. Use the emergency button or telephone to alert Campus Safety.
- If instructed to evacuate, proceed cautiously to the nearest clear exit.
- Planning for such situations includes having a flashlight available.
- Call Campus Safety at 507-285-7262 or 7262.
Procedure for Elevator Malfunction
If an elevator malfunctions and a person is confined in the stalled elevator, contact Campus Safety immediately. Dial 507-285-7262 or 7262. A Campus Safety Officer will be dispatched to the scene to render assistance.