Distance Learning Resources
Students may be asked to join a Zoom meeting for distance learning. RCTC students already have a Zoom account through MinnState. There is no need to sign up for an account, simply log in with your StarID and password.
- Account Access: https://minnstate.zoom.us
- Login: StarID and Password
MediaSpace – Video Sharing
Students may be sent a video from their tutor or instructor, or asked to share videos of their work. RCTC students already have a MediaSpace account through MinnState. There is no need to sign up for an account, simply log in with your StarID and password.
- Access: https://mediaspace.minnstate.edu/
- Login: StarID and Password
*Closed captioning is available within the video apps. If you are hard of hearing or need any other accommodations, please contact the Technology Support Center.
Student discounts during Covid-19
- Comcast: Options for more wireless and data access for subscribers and non-subscribers, including free wifi hotspots nationwide for all and unlimited data for their subscribers.
- KMTelcom: KMTelcom is offering free internet within its service area (Kasson, Mantorville, Dodge Center, Rock Dell) to households who do not have internet access. Households must have K-12 or college students at home.
- MIDCO: offers Midco Internet Basics, for low-income households with K-12 and/or college students who don’t have internet access in MIDCO Service Areas.
- Hiawatha Broadband Communications (HBC): HBC is providing free internet access for two months to eligible low-income families who are new customers. Eligible participants must live in an HBC service area.
- RCTC’s common spaces and the parking lot can be used to get access to wifi connectivity.
Technology Available for Student Check-Out
- Windows Laptops – limited supply.
Instructions: Stop by the Technology Support Center at the main RCTC campus from 8 AM – 4:30 PM, use the Atrium entrance. Please bring a Student ID when coming to campus. Only the doors to the Atrium entrance will be open.
- E-mail Tech.Help@rctc.edu if you have questions.
Print From Your Wireless Device (On-Campus Only)
You can now print from on-campus from your wireless device when logged into the RCTC Wifi.
- You must be on RCTC’s student/staff wireless service to use mobility printing. It will NOT work with cellular service.
- Print from your phone, tablet, or laptop.
- Print jobs are released by swiping or tapping your student ID card, or entering your ID on the keypad at the available on-campus student printers.
- To activate, when on-campus: Visit the Wireless Device Printing Setup Instructions
Virtual RCTC Windows Computer Labs (Remote Access)
Connect to an RCTC Windows lab computer remotely, or from home.
- Access the same Windows desktop environment you’d find in our computer labs.
- Access specific software applications installed locally on RCTC computer lab workstations.
- Perfect for staying home, staying safe, and not to coming to campus!
- First, Download and install Microsoft Remote Desktop for your platform (Windows, Mac, Chromebook)
- Visit the Virtual RCTC Computer Labs to find an available computer.
- Select “Connect”, then “Download” the computer “rdp” connection.
- Depending on your web browser, you will need to find the file that was downloaded and click on the file, or right-click and select open with Microsoft Remote Desktop.
- A warning will display. Click “Connect”.
- Log in: StarID and password
- When you are finished with your lab computer. Close all apps and then right–click the Start Menu button on the bottom left of the desktop. Then select Shutdown or sign out and finally sign out. DO NOT simply click the X on the blue toolbar since this will not Logoff the computer and make it available for someone else to use.
Please Note: If another student tries to log in to your computer, it will show you a prompt asking whether you want to allow that student to login. If you Click on OK, it will terminate your session and the other student gets access to the computer. Also, if you do not take any action, it will automatically log you out in 30 seconds. And if you Click on Cancel you will stay logged in.
Also Note: It’s important for students to go the website above each time that you want to connect. The website is updated to indicate which workstations are currently available.
On-Campus Computer Labs (LIMITED ACCESS)
- If students need to… they can come into an open lab.
- If students use a lab, they should only use computers that have a “Disinfected” sign on them.
- Students can use RCTC’s common spaces and even the parking lot to get access to wifi connectivity.
- We do ask that students keep their hands sanitized, practice social distancing and if students are ill, to stay home and not to come to campus.
*Please bring a Student ID when coming to campus. Only the doors to the Atrium entrance will be open.
Systems/Services – Login IDs
|System or Service||Username|
|Email / Office 365||Students: StarID@go.minnstate.edu
|Scholarship Portal |
(Current Students only, NOT Prospective)