Check out the following links for important RCTC information
Each February, we celebrate Black History Month, recognizing and honoring the invaluable contributions of African Americans to the rich tapestry of American history. This observance also sheds light on the enduring struggles for Freedom, Equality, and Equity faced by the African American community. The impact of this history resonates in contemporary America, influencing discussions on race and confronting issues of racism. In this ongoing journey, Rochester Community and Technical College remains dedicated to fostering a secure and inclusive environment while providing pathways to academic success for all.
In celebration of Black History Month, let us join together and attend the upcoming Student Life events!
Talk about It Tuesday!
- Time/Date: Tuesday, February 13th from 12:00pm-1:00pm
- Location: 3rd floor cafeteria
- Event Description: Student Life will be collaborating with Men of Color Scholars Initiative (MOCSI) to host a Black History Month Trivia game. We will be providing free food at this event for the students that attend.
Just Mercy Movie Showing
- Time/Date: Tuesday, February 20th from 12:00pm-2:30pm
- Location: CF 206/208
- Event Description: Student Life will be showing the movie Just Mercy to celebrate Black History Month. Free snacks and beverages will be provided for the students that attend.
Common Read Author Visit with Erin Sharkey
- Time and Date: Wednesday February 21st 11am-12pm
- Location: Hill Theater
- Event Description: Erin Sharkey author of “Breath: A Meditation in Uprising” featured essay in the common read “We Are Meant to Rise will be on campus to share about their lived experiences with intersecting identities, the inspiration behind their essay, and their current work.
Black History Month Painting with a Twist
- Time/Date: Tuesday, February 27th at 2:00pm
- Location: In the Art Room
- Event Description: For this event Student Life will be collaborating with the Art Club and MOCSI to celebrate Black History Month by painting canvases of influential Black Americans. We will be providing free snacks and beverages for the students that attend.
For more monthly updates of events and activities please visit the Student Life website.
The Spring 2024 Graduation Application Deadline is February 22, 2024 and summer graduation deadline is March 22, 2024. Students seeking to graduate should complete the application and attach a DARS audit that reads “All requirements complete” before submitting it to the Records and Registration Office for processing.
Please follow the link to the Graduation Application.
RCTC has two on-campus food pantries; one on Main Campus and one at Heintz Center. Throughout the year, hundreds of students at RCTC visit the Hive Supply to pick up perishable and non-perishable foods, school supplies and hygiene products. This resource is free to all current students.
How does it work? Students enter the Hive Supply, fill up a bag with up to 15 items, and then swipe their student ID on the way out. Swiping your ID helps us track how many students utilize this resource.
For current Hive Supply hours please visit the Hive Supply Webpage. Hours are subject to change throughout the week.
Interested in donating? Bring non-perishable foods, school supplies, or hygiene products to C407 or drop them in a Hive Supply donation bin located at Heintz Center.
The Learning Center provides FREE tutoring for all RCTC and WSU-R students to help them build the skills and confidence needed to be successful in their coursework and reach their academic goals.
Our tutors are specialists in their content areas and are eager to help you.
For Spring 2024 semester, the Learning Center will be open for both in-person and online tutoring. There are many different options for getting help: drop-in help, scheduled appointments with a tutor, email questions and essay reviews, and scheduling workspaces. Check out our website for hours and services and find what is best for you.