Apply Now for Workforce Development Scholarships
The Minnesota Legislature created the Workforce Development Scholarship program in 2017 to combat the shortage of skilled employees in several sectors critical to the state’s economy. The program was expanded in 2019 as an incentive for more Minnesotans to pursue education leading to employment in six target industries with acute worker shortages.
For the year 2020, Rochester Community and Technical College will be a recipient of 85 of these $2,500 scholarships. From April 1 – May 22 the scholarships will be open for applications to incoming and returning RCTC students who are majoring in one of the eligible programs listed below.
Applicants must be a graduate of a Minnesota high school and current Minnesota resident. RCTC students who were awarded a scholarship for Fall 2019 semester are also eligible to apply again if they have completed two academic terms with a minimum of nine (9) credits each and have maintained a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
Current Students (Students who are enrolled in RCTC courses):
- Go to: https://rctcfoundation.awardspring.com/
- Click on the yellow box that says “Sign In with Your School Account“.
- Students will log in with StarID@go.minnstate.edu
- Students will then be re-directed to their AwardSpring scholarship application dashboard.
- If you are experiencing log-in issues, please email Tech.Help@rctc.edu with details.
- PLEASE NOTE: You must use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox for browsers.
Prospective Students (Students/individuals who have never attended RCTC or current PSEO students):
- Go to https://rctcfoundation.awardspring.com/prospective/signin
- Prospective Students will click on ‘Register’.
- After creating an account, applicants will then be re-directed to their AwardSpring scholarship application dashboard.
- Prospective students who have previously registered, and are returning to the portal, will login at the SAME link and with the SAME email and password with which they registered.
- If you are experiencing log-in issues, please do NOT create multiple accounts. Please contact the RCTC Foundation office for assistance by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
Eligible programs include:
- Computer Aided Drafting – AAS
- Welding Technology – Certificate*
- Veterinary Technician – AAS
- Child, Youth and Family Studies – AS
- Administrative Office Professional – Diploma
- Advanced Hospital Nursing Assistant – Certificate*
- Alcohol and Drug Counseling – Certificate and AS
- Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist – AAS
- Coding Specialist – Diploma
- Dental Assistant – Diploma and AAS
- Dental Hygiene – AAS
- Emergency Medical Technology – Certificate
- Emergency Medicine Paramedic – AS
- Executive Office Professional – AS
- Health Information Technology – AAS
- Healthcare Office Professional – Certificate, Diploma and AAS
- Histology Technician – AS
- Nursing – AS
- Practical Nursing – Diploma
- Radiography – AAS
- Surgical Technology – AAS
- Computer Information Systems – AS
- Computer Science Transfer Pathway – AS
- Automotive Technician – Diploma
- Aviation Pilot – AAS
*Due to smaller credit load, students will only be eligible for $1,250