OUR ELECTED 2020-2021 EXECUTIVE OFFICERS
Student President: Will Fulton
Student Vice President: Maimuna Aden
Student Treasurer: Grace Gora
What is Student Government?
RCTC Student Government is dedicated to hearing student concerns and ideas, advocating on behalf of students at the local and state level, working with student clubs, and representing the student voice to College administration.
Interested in running for an Executive Officer position? Learn more on the Spring General Elections.
2:00 pm on Zoom https://minnstate.zoom.us/j/8189623305
FALL MEETING DATES
- September 17
- October 1
- October 29
- November 12
- December 10
SPRING MEETING DATES
- January 21
- February 4
- February 18
- March 4
- March 18
- April 1
- April 15
- April 29
Who can be a part of Student Government?
Student Government leadership positions are open to any currently enrolled RCTC student who is in good standing as defined in the Student Government By-laws, Article I, Section I. Executive Officers are elected during a Spring General Election, and Senators are elected during a Fall General Election each year. If you are interested in Student Government you can reach out to the Student President Will Fulton at SG@my.rctc.edu .
Why should I join Student Government?
Getting involved in any club or organization can be one of the greatest, most rewarding experiences you will have while you are in college. By joining Student Government, you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop your leadership skills
- Network with students, staff, faculty, and administrators
- Gain applicable life skills to help you succeed in, and beyond, college
- Make noticeable change and impact at RCTC
- Create a network of friends
Student Government Constitution and By-laws
Student Government Volunteer Initiative
The RCTC Student Government decided to compile volunteering opportunities here in the Rochester area that any student, staff, or faculty can access at any time. Feel free to check them all out and if you have any questions please contact email@example.com
- Rochester Area Chamber of Commerce
- List of 83 Non-Profit Organizations across the Rochester Area.
- Volunteer Match
- Since 1998, VolunteerMatch has worked tirelessly to meet the needs of communities in every ZIP Code across America. Today, VolunteerMatch is the most trusted name in volunteering, facilitating more than $16 billion worth of volunteer services within the social sector.
- Non-Profit List
- At Nonprofitlist.org, their goal is to connect the good people on the Internet with the good causes in the real world.
- Family Service Rochester
- Packaging and delivery volunteers help with packing and/or delivering fresh food that is donated from Trader Joe’s and given to families in need.
- Meals on Wheels volunteers deliver lunches to families in need.
- Be My Eyes
- Be my Eyes connects people with poor or no vision to people who can see! Someone will ask a question such as “What is this dollar bill worth?” and then you can simply look at the picture and reply.
- Salvation Army
- Food Shelf Attendants Volunteers that help stock the food shelf with food donations, and volunteers that help to check-in visitors as they come to the food shelf, are critical to the food shelf is open during its regular hours.
- Meal Prep and Meal Servers Help prepare, serve, and clean lunch meals that are donated to the community.
This is a living breathing list of volunteering opportunities and if you would like to add your Volunteering Organization please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect With Us!
Email SG@rctc.edu or visit the Student Government Office in College Center 407 (above the cafeteria)