What is Student Government?
RCTC Student Government is dedicated to hearing student concerns and ideas, advocating on behalf of students at the local and state level, working with student clubs, and representing the student voice to College administration.
Who can be a part of Student Government?
Student Government leadership positions are open to any currently enrolled RCTC student who is in good standing as defined in the Student Government By-laws, Article I, Section I. Executive Officers are elected during a Spring General Election and Senators are elected during a Fall General Election each year.
Why should I join Student Government?
Getting involved in any club or organization can be one of the greatest, most rewarding experiences you will have while you are in college. By joining Student Government you will have the opportunity to:
- Get paid for your time
- Travel opportunities for LEAD MN and student government conferences
- Exposure to leadership training and development
- Learn about local, state, and national politics
- Network with students, staff, faculty and administrators
- Gain applicable life skills to help you succeed in, and beyond, college
- Make noticeable change and impact at RCTC
- Create a network of friends
Student Government Constitution and By-laws
Connect With Us!
Email SG@rctc.edu or visit the Student Government Office in College Center 407 (above the cafeteria)!