The mission of the RCTC Foundation is to provide support to students and programs at RCTC, enhancing the quality of education and the future of our students. It has become increasingly more expensive to attend college. Although two-year community colleges are much less expensive than four-year colleges, the costs can still be insurmountable for many. When higher education becomes inaccessible, we lose a new generation of teachers, engineers, health practitioners, scientists, and other professionals who enrich the community and keep our economy strong.
COVID-19 Crisis Donations Needed
Students are facing uncertain challenges during the COVID-19 crisis. They are finding themselves unemployed, struggling to pay rent, overwhelmed with additional childcare costs and affected by changes in public transportation. RCTC established the Yellowjacket Emergency Support Fund (YES Fund) and the HIVE Supply, our on-campus food pantry, to help students in times of need. Because no student should have to make a choice between going to class and going hungry.
We need your support to help students in their academic journey, keep them in school and help them graduate on time. Donations are done through our secure MightyCause site. Fill in the donation form, and in the Designation drop down menu choose “Student Emergency Support” for emergency needs and choose “HIVE Supply” to help stock our on-campus food pantry. All gifts can be given as a tribute to someone special in your life.
Give a Gift That Lasts a Lifetime
You can make a difference in the life of a student through donations to the RCTC Foundation. You support means supporting someone’s chance to realize their dream of higher education. Every gift to the RCTC Foundation is an investment in the future and impacts our students and community. The RCTC Foundation is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit, charitable institution and all gifts are tax deductible to the full extent provided by the law.
The RCTC Foundation accepts the following:
- Gifts of cash or check
- Gifts of securities (i.e. stocks, securities, bonds)
- Gifts of life insurance
- Gifts of real estate (i.e. home, vacation or farm property)
- Income producing gifts (i.e. charitable gift annuities, charitable remainder annuity trusts, and charitable remainder unitrusts)
- Estate gifts (i.e. bequests from will or living trusts, retirement plan assets)
Donors have their choice of funds to designate their gifts to:
- Unrestricted gifts/greatest need – The most resourceful and vital way to support students
- Scholarships – Annual or Endowed
- RCTC Initiatives – Donations can be made to academic or technical college programs or initiatives. (i.e. YES Fund, Hive Supply)
Create a Scholarship:
- Endowed Scholarship – Endowed scholarships begin at a minimum gift of $10,000, are invested in perpetuity. Earnings and interest provide annual income for scholarships.
- Annual Scholarship – Annual scholarships, beginning at $500, sustain our scholarship program and may be renewed each year. These gifts are not invested and do not earn additional income.
Gift of Tribute/Gift in Memoriam:
- Tribute – Honor a family member, friend, colleague or someone special in your life. If someone helped transform your life then making a gift in their honor is a great way to show appreciation.
- Memorial – Memorial gifts are a beautiful and loving way to pay tribute to a loved one. Contact the Foundation office for more information.
- Every time you place an order on Amazon you can support the RCTC Foundation through their AmazonSmile program. On your first visit you will be prompted to select a charitable organization to receive donations from eligible AmazonSmile purchases. Be sure to select Rochester Community and Technical College Foundation for your charitable choice!
- Rochester Community and Technical College employees have an opportunity to use Payroll Deduction as a way to support scholarships, students, programs and RCTC initiatives. Forms are available in the RCTC Foundation Office (H1301) or RCTC Business Office (SS150).
- Support of Rochester Community and Technical College academic programs and events in the form of donated goods or services helps the College keep state appropriated funds in the classroom. Your gift of equipment has immediate impact on our instructional capability. Contact the RCTC Foundation for more information.
851 30th Avenue SE
Rochester, MN 55904