COVID-19 remains a threat to the health and safety of the RCTC Community. While infection rates are falling and vaccination rates are rising, we must continue to be vigilant in our efforts to maintain a healthy and safe campus for all who learn, work, and visit RCTC. Below outlines our current stance with respect to COVID-19:
- Are masks required on campus?
- No. Face coverings are not mandated on campus, and because the College does not have a campus-wide mask mandate, individual faculty and/or staff cannot deviate from this overall approach and require a mask in their departments, offices or classrooms. However, masks are still required in clinic and health care areas including Student Health Services. The CDC and Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) do recommend, as an individual choice, wearing a well-fitting mask under certain circumstances and remind us that individuals can always choose to wear a mask.
- Do I need to have a COVID-19 vaccine?
- Proof of vaccination is not required, but we strongly encourage everyone to get COVID-19 vaccines and applicable boosters. The CDC reports COVID-19 vaccines are highly protective against severe illness and death.
- Is there a weekly COVID-19 testing requirement?
- No. There are currently no plans for employees or students to engage in recurring testing protocols.
- Do I need to report if I have been exposed to COVID-19? Do I need to quarantine?
- No, you do not need to report to the College any exposure to COVID-19. Upon exposure, please isolate and get tested immediately if symptoms develop. The CDC now recommends that instead of quarantining, individuals who were exposed to COVID-19 should wear a high-quality mask for 10 days and get tested on day five.
- Do I need to report if I get a positive COVID-19 test?
- Yes. Please click here to report your positive test. COVID-19 is a reportable disease in Minnesota. Institutions of higher education are required to report cases and deaths to MDH, per Minnesota Rules, part 4605.7070.
- Do I need to quarantine if I get a positive test?
- Yes. Please click here for the latest guidance from the CDC.
Click here to order a free at-home COVID-19 test. Be sure to use your home address.
Click here to view the Minnesota State COVID-19 Reporting Dashboard
If you have any further questions or concerns regarding RCTC’s response plan for the COVID-19 virus, please do not hesitate to contact the office of RCTC’s Vice President of Finance and Facilities at 507-285-7214 or email Steve Schmall.