- Library Phone: 507-285-7233
- Technology Support Center Phone: 507-536-5555
- Technology Support Center email: email@example.com
- LTC Phone: 507-280-2817
- LTC email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RCTC Student and Staff Photo ID Cards:
- RCTC Photo ID Cards
- Students, faculty, and staff of RCTC are issued a photo ID card. The card serves as your library card and is also required for other campus services including financial aid, bookstore, access to athletic facilities, and admission to campus events. Students will need to bring (1) your RCTC Stinger ID number (2) proof of registration (i.e. your class schedule), and (3) one of the following: current photo ID’s: a Driver’s License, a State ID, a Military ID, or a valid Passport.
- Online Education Student ID Cards
- Students whose classes are entirely online or concurrent students in the high schools do not need to obtain an ID card unless they plan to come to Rochester. RCTC students registered for online courses are welcome to come to campus to obtain an RCTC Photo ID card at Goddard Library (From 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday). This is used to check out books, to buy books at the Bookstore, to access the Fitness Center, for admittance to sporting and theater events, and for free bus rides. If you never come to Rochester, there is no need to obtain a card. Access to our online resources including article databases, eBooks, and interlibrary loan is available using your STAR ID/Password.
- Goddard Library Cards for Non-Students
- Community members may obtain a Goddard Library Card. This non-photo card will enable community patrons to use Goddard Library including check-out of materials. We are not able to provide ILL support, use of library lab computers, access to study rooms, nor remote access to databases, e-books, and other electronic resources with this card.
- When Does a Student ID Card Expire?
- ID cards will expire when enrollment becomes inactive at RCTC.
- Lost Cards
- Replacement Goddard Library Cards and Student Photo ID cards are available at the Library Circulation Desk. There is a $5.00 + tax fee for replacing a lost ID card. Visit the cashier’s office to pay the fee before coming to the Library for the replacement card. For assistance, please contact Goddard library by telephone at 507-536-5388 or via e-mail.
About Goddard Library
Goddard Library serves RCTC students, faculty, and staff with an academic library experience enriched with high quality facilities and study spaces; state of the art technology; and a strong collection of on-line, print, and electronic materials.
The library is open 6 days a week. Check hours of operation.
Goddard Library has approximately 95,000 books with over 14,000 e-books available on-line. Over 80 periodical databases are available containing thousands of periodicals with full text. The library has a large collection of DVDs and videos and has more than 100,000 streaming video titles.
The library has varied study environments from private group study rooms to comfortable living room style seating. All areas of the library are served by wireless network access.
The Library Technology Center (LTC) is located on 3rd floor of the library with over 50 personal computers available for student use. The Technology Support Center (TSC) is located on the first floor of the Goddard Library Building where staff is available to assist students with a wide range of technology support including student network access and e-mail.
Please do not hesitate to contact library staff for assistance with research or other library related questions you may have.
Due to concerns about COVID-19, many study areas, including group study rooms, are closed with a limited number of single-seat tables available. Books are available by request through the library catalog.