Post Secondary Enrollment Options Program
College Courses for High School Students
Minnesota law allows high school Juniors and Seniors (whether currently in public, nonpublic, or home school) to take courses at eligible post-secondary institutions. Minnesota law also allows qualified high school Sophomores (whether currently in public, nonpublic, or home school) to take career and technical course(s) chosen from a specific list of approved courses. Students must meet the admissions requirements of the post-secondary institution, but do not pay for tuition, fees, or required textbooks. You must complete a PSEO application for RCTC in order to be considered a PSEO student at RCTC. The Minnesota Department of Education will only cover PSEO expenses billed by the institution(s) to which PSEO students have been admitted. PSEO students will be responsible for any tuition, fees, and supplies at any institution(s) to which they are not admitted. They earn high school credit for courses and, if students continue their education beyond high school, colleges or universities may choose to transfer their completed coursework through PSEO as college credits. Several thousand Minnesota students are involved in the PSEO program every year – including hundreds of students from private schools and home schools. The PSEO Program is administered by the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE).
The RCTC PSEO program serves students from over 40 different high schools. Most of the students start the program after completing tenth grade, and participate in the program until they graduate from high school.
- General Statewide Information about PSEO
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Process
- Keys to Success in PSEO/Registration Processes
- Home School Students
- Career and Technical Courses for High School Sophomores
- Current Semester Enrollment
- RCTC Yearly Enrollment History
- RCTC Courses not offered to PSEO Students
- Contact info / PSEO Staff / Office Hours
- Online Application Instructions and Forms
Current PSEO Student Information:
- Returning Student Registration Schedule (Due to recent events with COVID-19 and social distancing, please see your RCTC email for the very latest updates).
- PSEO Counter Registration Form
- MDE Notice of Student Registration Form
- Course Withdrawal Instructions
(NOTE: additional forms will be emailed to the address provided on the application within 2 business days that the student will have to have for their appointment with their high school counselor.)
PSEO Student Testimonials