The counseling staff is committed to student advocacy and to making the learning experience at RCTC a positive one. All issues discussed with a counselor are treated confidentially and with respect for your privacy. We can only release certain confidential information with your permission and a signed Release of Information Document.
We offer a broad range of services to help students achieve their educational goals, including:
- Personal Counseling
- Academic Advising
- Career counseling
- Crisis Intervention
- Support for dealing with grief
- Academic planning to meet your educational goals
- Intervention for students on academic suspension appeal or probation
Meet with Your Advisor or Counselor
Current students can schedule an appointment online to meet with their assigned advisor or counselor. Students enter their Star ID and password. For questions or assistance, please call 507-285-7260.
RCTC Counseling Staff
Deb Vang, MA Counselor
Full-Time, Certified College Counselor, Certified Mn Career Tools Associate, Credentialed College Counselor
Other Important Resources
- Finding Motivation During COVID-19
- National Suicide Prevention Hot Line 800-273-8255
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Mental Health: Get the Facts About Mental Health
- Improving Emotional Health
- ULifeline College Mental Health Resource/Survey
College Mental Health Resource and Survey
Your online resource for college mental health. Learn more about protecting your emotional health and what to do if you or a friend are struggling with mental health issues. The screening is free and confidential. Get screened!