Expect a successful return.
Welcome back to our learning community! We’re glad you’ve decided to continue your educational goals. A Rochester Community and Technical College education can change your life.
Here are some topics that returning students frequently have questions about:
- Fresh Start – If you have grades on your RCTC transcript that are weighing down your GPA, you’ll want to learn about the Fresh Start option. Please fill out the Fresh Start Application and return it to the Admissions Office.
- Prior Coursework – You’ll want to know how the courses you took in the past count toward your degree today! A visit with an RCTC Advisor or Counselor is in order. Be prepared for your visit by printing a DARS report in advance.
- Transfer Credits – If you attended another college since your last term at RCTC, you’ll need to have official transcripts sent directly to the RCTC Admissions Office. Once received we’ll perform an evaluation of those credits and send you an email confirmation when the process is complete. The audit indicates which courses transfer and how they apply to your specific degree requirements.
- Registration – Once your student record is updated you’ll be able to utilize web-registration through the eServices. Watch your mail for further instruction!
- Majors and Programs – It’s very likely that our program offerings have changed, as have the requirements for certain degrees. If you want help finding a major, you’ll want to speak with an RCTC Counselor or Advisor. If you want to browse the catalog to see what majors are offered and to read course descriptions, you’ll find our online catalog most helpful.
- Competency Based Education (CBE) – Earn credit toward your major for work or non-work experience.
- Paying for College – You may qualify for a FREE course with the Alliss Grant. Visit the financial aid homepage and the scholarships homepage for more information on paying for college