A grant is financial aid funding you generally do NOT need to repay. Grants are only repaid if you withdraw, stop attending, or otherwise fail to complete your courses. Eligibility for most grant programs are based on income. Several grant programs are available to RCTC students who qualify.
To be considered for most grants, a student must first complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) through the U.S. Department of Education.
Using information from your FAFSA®, students are considered for the following grants at RCTC:
- Federal Pell Grant
- Supplemental Educational Opportunities Grant (SEOG)
- Minnesota State Grant
- Apply by having a FAFSA® on file within the first 30 days of the semester.
- Post-Secondary Child Care Grant
- A supplemental Child Care Grant Application must be completed to apply.
- MN GI Bill
- A supplemental application must be completed.
For more information on any of these grant programs, please feel free to contact the Welsome and One Stop Center at 507-285-7557 or by email at OneStop@rctc.edu.