A “grant” is Financial Aid funding you generally do NOT need to repay. Grants are only repaid if you withdraw, stop attending or otherwise fail to complete your courses. Eligibility for most grant programs are based on income. Several grant programs are available to RCTC students who qualify.
To be considered for most grants, a student must first complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) through the U.S. Department of Education.
Using information from your FAFSA, students are considered for the following Grants at RCTC: :
- Federal Pell Grant
- Supplemental Educational Opportunities Grant (SEOG)
- Minnesota State Grant
- Apply by having a FAFSA on file within the first 30 days of the semester.
- Post-Secondary Child Care Grant
- A supplemental Child Care Grant Application must be completed to apply.
- MN Indian Scholarship
- A supplemental application must be completed through the MN Office of Higher Education website.
- MN GI Bill
- A supplemental application must be completed through the MN Department of Veterans Affairs website.
- Workforce Development Scholarship
- A supplemental application must be completed at www.rctc.edu/wds
- Application dates to be announced.
For more information on any of these grant programs, please feel free to contact the Financial Aid Office at (507) 285-7271 or by email at FinancialAid@rctc.edu.