Deb Ward, CFRE
RCTC Foundation Executive Director
HC101 – Heintz Center
Office: (507) 281-7770
Fax: (507) 280-2970
Established in 1961, the Rochester Community and Technical College Foundation exists to support the mission of the College by providing support to students and programs at RCTC, enhancing the quality of education and the future of our students.
We offer scholarships, provide program support, connect alumni, host fundraising events and raise funds for scholarships.
An independent board of directors, representing our community, governs the Rochester Community and Technical College Foundation. These dedicated individuals are stewards of gifts to the RCTC Foundation. Through their leadership, students’ lives are impacted with our scholarship program, campus programs are supported and our community’s quality of life is enhanced.
2018 – 2019 RCTC Foundation Board of Directors
- Todd Severson, President – President, TLS Companies
- Heather Donovan, Vice President – AVP Commercial Lending, Sterling State Bank
- Rebecca Hill, Secretary – Community Volunteer, Mayo Clinic (retired) and 1970 alumna
- Brianna Cook – News Anchor/Reporter, ABC 6 News and 2010 alumna
- Tony Joseph – Director of Business Development, Knutson Construction
- Alexander Lair – Financial Advisor, Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc.
- Cody Pogalz – Executive Assistant, Destination Medical Center Economic Development Agency and 2014 alumnus
- Opal Richards – Attorney, Richards Law
- Peter Sandberg – Attorney, Sandberg Law Firm
- Peggy Vevang – Educator (retired) and 2006 alumna
- Matt Bissonette – Rochester Area Chamber of Commerce
- Pete Roseboom – Senior Tax Advisor, Carlson Capital Management
- Markus Lang – Commercial Banking Relationship Manager, US Bank
- AJ Montpetit – Experience Designer, Area 10 Labs
RCTC Foundation Staff Members
- Deb Ward – Executive Director
- Heather McEldowney – Executive Assistant
Core Values of the RCTC Foundation Board of Directors
Spirit of Giving
We recognize our role to attract resources for Rochester Community and Technical College and its students
Enhancing and Advancing
We believe our role is to enhance and advance the capacity of Rochester Community and Technical College
Engaging the Community
As community leaders, we believe in using our sphere of influence to strengthen understanding and foster relations between the College and community
Honesty and Integrity
We believe in high integrity as the guiding principal in conducting our business
Responsibility and Accountability
We recognize our responsibility to benefactors and stakeholders and strive for honesty and openness
Philosophy of the RCTC Foundation Board of Directors:
The Foundation exists to influence the quality of student programs at RCTC. Through active, ongoing campaigns to promote philanthropy in the community, the Foundation aims to grow a diverse amount of resources sufficient to provide affordable education for all students, add value and excellence to the programs offered at RCTC, and help insulate the institution from future economic and political forces by filling in gaps in state funding, The Foundation believes that no student should be turned away from RCTC due to inability to pay tuition.