IMPORTANT INFORMATION — PLEASE READ
By clicking below, you agree that you have read and understand the policies and procedures for responsibly managing your enrollment. You are agreeing to abide by the terms and conditions outlined in the RCTC student handbook and College Catalog. These terms include but are not limited to the following:
- Student records are private. Do not allow anyone access to this site with your Stinger ID number and pin number.
- Registration in classes commits you to a financial obligation. Classes must be dropped prior to the posted deadline to receive a full refund of tuition and fees.
- If you wish not to be enrolled for the term, you should drop your classes before the published drop deadline date. Do not assume your courses will be canceled. You are personally responsible for making changes (drops or adds) to your schedule, and for verifying that they have been made correctly. Print a copy of your academic schedule whenever you make a change.
- After the deadline to drop a course, refunds are issued only for complete withdrawals in accordance with the published RCTC refund schedule.
- Courses will only be canceled if payment is not made or a payment plan or an approved deferments has not been met prior to the published due date.
- All balances must be paid in full prior to registering for future semesters. After the term is over, any unpaid balance may be turned over to the Minnesota Department of Revenue, Collections Division.
Attention Financial Aid recipients:
If you are checking your Financial Aid Status, “Ready for Payment” on the Award Tracking screen applies to Grants and Scholarships but does NOT apply to student loans. “Ready for Payment” does not mean that you have completed the steps to secure your loan(s). Refer to the Award Letter in the web portal.
There are detailed login instructions provided in the tan-shaded area on the actual login screen. Initially you are required to use the Stinger ID and Password to login. The format of the Password causes some confusion. Your Password is pre-set in most cases to your birthday in YYMMDD order. A birthday of March 25, 1984 would generate a Password of 840325.
Choose a HELP topic below:
- I don’t know my Stinger ID
- I don’t know my Password
- I forgot my Password
- Error message “invalid login information”
- I’ve tried everything and still can’t login!
Data privacy laws prevent us from giving out your Stinger ID via e-mail or telephone. Luckily there is a way to lookup your Stinger ID number on the web portal, so let’s try that.
First, when you’re on the login screen you should see 3 tabs across the top of that window; the first says “Login”, the second “Lookup ID” and the third “Lookup Password”. Click on the “Lookup ID” tab and you’ll see that you can find your Stinger ID by entering your SSN and Password.
You already know your Password. It is pre-set to your birth date, but in YYMMDD order. Enter your SSN and Password and you should get your Stinger ID. Then go back to the login tab and login using your Stinger ID and PIN. You’ll be prompted to change your Password the first time as a security measure. Your Password should be 8-20 characters long containing both letters and numbers and at least one symbol (example: !@#$%^&*). The password should not begin with zero, and should not be a simple sequence like 123456. The software will reject your Password until you create one that satisfies this criteria.
It sounds like a lot – but it should only take a few minutes to do.
STEP 1: The tricky thing about your Password is the sequence of the pre-set number. It is your birth date, but it is in YYMMDD order so that you begin with the YEAR you were born, then month, then day. Make sure you use two digits for each portion. For example, if you were born on October 7, 1981 your Password is pre-set to 811007.
STEP 2: Alright, now you tried your birth date in YYMMDD order, and it still does not work! It may be because the college does not have your birth date The next step is to try using the last 6 digits of your social security number (SSN). Only the last 6 digits.
STEP 3: Still not working, huh. Be calm, there are still a few things to try. Now we know that we have missing or wrong information in your student file. You now need to send us an e-mail and let somebody re-set your Password. You must include your full name and Stinger ID. You may include your birth date and/or social security number. E-mail Tech.firstname.lastname@example.org and type in “Re-set Password ” in the subject line. Don’t forget to include your full name (the one on file with the college) and your Stinger ID, and birth date and ssn at your discretion.
You now need to send us an e-mail and let somebody re-set your Password. You must include your full name and Stinger ID. You may include your birth date and/or social security number. E-mail Tech.email@example.com and type in “Re-set Password ” in the subject line. Don’t forget to include your full name (the one on file with the college) and your Stinger ID, and birth date and ssn at your discretion.
1. Start by reading the help sections above, titled “Don’t know my Stinger ID” and “Don’t know my Password ”.
2. You can’t yet login to the system because you have not yet applied for admission to the college. If you recently submitted your application it may still be in the processing cycle, and you can check the website again in a day or two. If, however, you did not make a formal application for admission to the college you’ll first need to do that. Learn more about applying for admission.
Call Technology Support at 507-536-5555 or e-mail Tech.firstname.lastname@example.org and type in “Re-set Password ” in the subject line. Don’t forget to include your full name (the one on file with the college) and your Stinger ID, and birth date and ssn at your discretion.