RCTC is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Community/Junior College initial accreditation with Higher Learning Commission (formerly North Central Association) – 1923
- Technical College initial accreditation with candidacy status from Higher Learning Commission (formerly North Central Association) – 1993
- Most recent reaffirmation of accreditation: 2016-2017
- Comprehensive Evaluation: November 9, 2020
- Next reaffirmation of accreditation: 2026-2027
RCTC also holds occupationally specific accreditation in a number of its programs.
What Accreditation Means to You
When you attend an accredited college or university, you can expect:
- A Quality Education: Accreditation means that the institution meets standards of quality for faculty, curriculum, administration, library, financial management and student services.
- Financial Aid Opportunities: You can only obtain federal financial assistance if the institution has appropriate accreditation from an organization recognized by the United States Department of Education.
- Credits that Transfer: If you ever want to transfer your college credits to continue your education, accreditation is an important factor when a college or university is deciding whether to accept transfer credits from your previous school.
- The Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, Illinois 60604
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc.
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30326
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
11520 West 119th Street
Overland Park, KS 66213
- Accredited Review Council on Education in Surgical Technologists and Surgical Assistants (ARC/STSA)
6 West Dry Creek Circle, Suite 110
Littleton, CO 80120
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
1931 North Meacham Road, Suite 100
Schaumburg, IL 60173-4360
- Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM)
200 East Randolph Stree, Ste. 5100
Chicago, IL 60601
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
25400 U.S. Highway 19 North, Suite 158
Clearwater, FL 33763
- Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA)
American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation
211 East Chicago Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60611-2678
800.621.8099 or 312.440.4653
- Minnesota Board of Peace Officer Standards and Training
1600 University Avenue, Suite 200
St. Paul, Minnesota 55104-3825
- National Cancer Registrars Association, Inc. (NCRA)
1330 Braddock Place, Suite 520 Alexandria, VA 22314
- The National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF)
1503 Edwards Ferry Road, NE, Suite 401
Leesburg, VA 20176