The information below is designed to assist you in obtaining public information from Rochester Community and Technical College. It answers such questions as who to contact for access to different kinds of public information, and how to make a request. Our goal is to respond to requests for public information in a timely and efficient manner.
Public Information Online
Much public information about the Minnesota State system and its colleges and universities is available online. The following sites may provide you with the information you need.
www.minnstate.edu This is Minnesota States system’s main web site.
Minnesota State Budget & Negotiations The Minnesota State Budget Unit provides financial leadership and information to improve the decision-making of institutions, the Governor, the Legislature, and the Board of Trustees.
Minnesota State Center for Teaching and Learning This site contains information on Campus Leaders, Events, Resources, and Discussions.
Minnesota State Facilities – This site includes information about planning, programming, design and construction, design standards, and activities.
Minnesota State Fire/EMS/Safety Center This site contains information on Fire Fighter Training, EMS Training, Community Training Center, Environmental Health and Safety, and Library Publications.
Minnesota State System Human Resources This system office provides support and assistance to the Human Resources staff at each of the colleges and universities; and administers system-wide programs.
Licensure for Minnesota State college faculty assigned to UTCE and vocational technical instructors employed outside Minnesota State in institutions, which require a license for a vocational technical teaching position. This site includes information about licensure guidelines, fields, and forms.
Student Loans Service Center This site contains loan information for Minnesota State students.
Requesting and accessing public information at RCTC
General Guidelines for Requesting and Accessing:
- Any member of the public is allowed to view public information without charge.
- Viewing of public information will be at reasonable times and places.
- Viewing does not include receiving copies of information unless providing a copy is the only way for us to provide viewing.
- Viewing includes remote access and the ability of the public to download the data on the user’s own computer, but in some cases, we may charge for such access.
- We will provide access to public data as soon as we reasonably can, but we may not be able to provide the information you want immediately because we need time to locate or copy the information.
- We do not have to provide data that we do not keep.
- Upon request, we will provide copies of public data. We may charge for those copies.
- You are not required to identify yourself unless we need the information for some purpose such as sending the data, or clarifying your request; you don’t have to tell us why you want the information.
- Upon request, we will explain the content and meaning of the data.
- If we store the public data you want on a computer, you may ask that we provide a copy to you in electronic form, and we will do so if we reasonably can. We do not have to provide the data in a format or program that is different from how we store it, but if we agree to do so, we will charge you for the cost of providing the copy.
- If we decide that the data you request is not public, we will notify you orally or in writing as soon as we reasonably can, and will tell you which law applies. If you ask, we will provide our decision in writing.
- Prepayment may be required before requested data is released. Requestors will be notified of any charges.
How to make routine requests for public information
TELL US WHAT YOU WANT
All Public Data Requests must be made via this form. An RCTC staff member will contact you about your data request withing two business days. If you have any specific questions about our Public Data policy or procedures, please contact:
Executive Director of Communications, Marketing, and External Relations
Rochester Community and Technical College
851 30th Avenue SE
Rochester, MN 55904
Note: You do not have to provide contact information, however, if you want us to mail/email you copies of data, we will need some type of contact information. In addition, if we do not understand your request and need to get clarification from you, without contact information we will not be able to begin processing your request until you contact us. Inspection of data is free, but MS § 13.03, subd. 3, does authorize the College the ability to charge a fee that covers the actual costs of searching for and retrieving government data, including the cost of employee time and for making, certifying, and electronically transmitting or mailing the copies of the data. Prepayment is required upon receipt of data copies.
Your request will be responded to as soon as reasonably possible.