The RCTC College Relations Department is your source for College news and information.
If you are from the media and are looking to do a story on campus, please give Nate Stoltman, Executive Director of Communications a call at (507) 536-5604, or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. RCTC is home to expert faculty who are leaders in their fields. If you need a source for a story, please do not hesitate to contact us.
As we work together to share RCTC-related news and information, we ask you to please consider the following:
- Nate Stoltman, Executive Director of Communications, Marketing, and External Relations is your primary contact at RCTC. If he is not immediately available, a member of the College Relations team will assist you.
- All official College information will come from the RCTC College Relations office, the RCTC President’s Office, or the RCTC President. Note: the main RCTC social media accounts are maintained by the College Relations office, so information published to those pages is to be considered “official.” To that end, only President Boyd or Nate Stoltman (or a specified designee) may make official comment on behalf of the College. Division or department heads may be brought in when speaking on operational news.
- We are here to help you. If you are interested in doing a story on campus, please contact us and a member of the team will do everything we can to make sources and facilities available. However, we do need you to follow these guidelines:
- Call us first before coming to campus. You are welcome on our grounds, but we do like a heads-up phone call—even if the story isn’t RCTC-related (e.g. outside group renting space such as Relay for Life).
- Parking for media is available outside our Main Campus Atrium entrance.
- We cannot make our leadership, expert faculty, or other subject-matter experts immediately available due to their already busy class and department schedules. Please give us some time to arrange for our experts to be available for interviews. Note: our faculty have varying hours—especially in the summer—and may not be able at all.
- If you are coming to campus, you will need an escort to be inside our buildings. The College Relations team will be happy to help you.
- Minnesota State colleges and universities are subject to state and federal laws including the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act (MGDPA), which contain detailed rules about student record privacy. RCTC may only disclose the following information about students:
- student name
- program of study
- enrollment status (enrolled-full time or part time, graduated, withdrawn)
- dates of enrollment
- degrees, honors, and awards received, as well as dates of receipt
- If you are working on a deadline, please let us know so we can plan accordingly. We will try our best to accommodate interview requests but sometimes things come up which may make our campus faculty and staff unavailable.
- In light of the current COVID-19 situation, all visitors to campus must follow RCTC’s COVID-19 safety guidelines. This includes:
- Performing/passing COVID-19 self-assessment if entering any building (must show green “pass” screen/email at the door)
- Masks/face coverings are required inside all buildings and outside when a six-foot social distance cannot be maintained
- Access to campus buildings is currently restricted to select doors. For media, we ask you enter Main Campus at the Atrium, the Sports Center at door S2, and Heintz Center at Door H8.
- Additional information about RCTC’s COVID-19 response can be found at rctc.edu/coronavirus.
Stay connected with RCTC on all your social media platforms.