Please read the following information carefully!
All students who are registered for the current term, have a Financial Aid application on file for the current term and have no outstanding holds will be eligible to charge up to $800.00 ($600.00 for Summer) in textbooks at the RCTC Bookstore. Please note, however, that book charges are available only for a short time at the beginning of each semester and are available only for textbooks. Specific dates for the upcoming semester are listed below.
The cost of charged items (TEXTBOOKS ONLY) will be added to your RCTC bill and you will be expected to pay for these items along with any outstanding tuition and fees – – even if you do not qualify for Financial Aid or your Financial Aid is not enough to cover the charges.
How do I obtain a Bookstore Charge Account?
You must be registered and have a Financial Aid application (FAFSA) on file at RCTC to be eligible to charge your textbooks at the RCTC Bookstore.
- Financial Aid students will be able to charge textbooks directly from the RCTC Bookstore website during the book charge dates. **Spring Semester 2021 Charging dates: December 14, 2020 to Friday, January 15, 2021.
- Students will order textbooks online. Check the RCTC Bookstore website for current information about options for shipping and in-person pick-up.
- Follow Online Ordering instructions on the RCTC Bookstore’s website.
- During the checkout process you will be presented with a statement, indicating you agree to have the cost of your order added to your RCTC bill and authorize RCTC to use available Financial Aid funding to pay for these charges. You must check this box to proceed.
- When the book charge period has ended, the cost of deferred items will be added to your RCTC bill. If you return or exchange textbooks and qualify for a refund, your account will be credited in the same manner*. You will be expected to pay RCTC for all charged items. If you do not qualify for Financial Aid or your Financial Aid is not enough to cover your entire balance due (including textbook charges) you must pay for the charged items from your own funds.
* See RCTC Bookstore for the current Return Policy