Please read the following information carefully!
All students who are registered for the current term and have a Financial Aid application on file for the current term will be eligible to charge up to $800.00 ($600.00 for Summer) in textbooks at the RCTC Bookstore. Please note, however, that book charges are available only for a short time at the beginning of each semester and are available only for textbooks. Specific dates for the upcoming semester are listed below.
The cost of charged items (TEXTBOOKS ONLY) will be added to your RCTC bill and you will be expected to pay for these items along with any outstanding tuition and fees – – even if you do not qualify for Financial Aid or your Financial Aid is not enough to cover the charges.
How do I obtain a Bookstore Charge Account?
You must be registered and have a Financial Aid application (FAFSA) on file at RCTC to be eligible to charge your textbooks at the RCTC Bookstore.
- Financial Aid students will be able to charge textbooks directly from the RCTC Bookstore during the book charge dates.
**Summer Session 2020 Charging dates: May 11, 2020 to 12:00 noon, May 29, 2020.
- Present your student ID to the RCTC Bookstore staff. After confirming your enrollment and receipt of your Financial Aid application, a Bookstore Authorization form will be generated for you.
- Select your textbooks and proceed to the checkout counter. You must read and sign the Bookstore Authorization form when your transaction is processed.
- ONLINE Purchases:
- Follow Online Ordering instructions on the RCTC Bookstore’s website.
- During the checkout process you will be presented with a statement, indicating you agree to have the cost of your order added to your RCTC bill and authorize RCTC to use available Financial Aid funding to pay for these charges.
- When the book charge period has ended, the cost of deferred items will be added to your RCTC bill. If you return or exchange textbooks and qualify for a refund, your account will be credited in the same manner*. You will be expected to pay RCTC for all charged items. If you do not qualify for Financial Aid or your Financial Aid is not enough to cover your entire balance due (including textbook charges) you must pay for the charged items from your own funds.
- No Bookstore charges (or online orders) will be allowed after 12:00 noon on the fifth day of the Semester.
* See RCTC Bookstore for the current Return Policy