January Jump Start to Wellness Challenge
RCTC Student Health Services invites all current RCTC students to boost their health and wellness by participating in a simple 12-day challenge. Beginning January 17, January Jump Start to Wellness participants will complete a daily activity from one of these categories: Fitness, Nutrition, Well-being, and Social. Participants will receive a list of activity suggestions to choose from. The activities are all fun and none are too difficult. The goal is to get started toward improving personal health and wellness. At the end of the challenge, one lucky student who completes the challenge will win a Fitbit!
To participate in the January Jump Start to Wellness challenge:
- Before January 17, send an email to HealthServices@rctc.edu with you name and Star ID number.
- You will receive a reply confirming that you are signed up for the challenge. A tracking sheet will be attached to the email. You can either print the tracking sheet or stop by Student Health Services (HS140) to pick up your copy.
- Complete a daily challenge activity and record it on the tracking sheet beginning January 17 through January 28.
- Turn in the completed tracking sheet to Student Health Services (HS140) or scan it and email it to HealthServices@rctc.edu between January 29 and February 1, 2018. Early or late submissions will not be eligible for the drawing.
- One Fitbit will be awarded to one randomly drawn student from all eligible entries.
The challenge begins January 17, so be sure to sign up and get your tracking sheet before then!
RCTC Student Health Services will be closed during the winter break. The office will be open Wednesday, January 3, 2018. TB skin tests and appointments for health assessments (physical exams) for academic and athletic programs will be available beginning Monday, January 8, 2018.
Please call 507.285.7261 or email HealthServices@rctc.edu to schedule an appointment.
Have a safe and healthy break!
RCTC believes that optimal personal and academic growth can best be achieved when physical and emotional needs are met. The college years are often the time when students begin to assume responsibility for their own health. These years are also a time when many students are developing health-related behaviors that will stay with them for the rest of their lives.
The staff of the RCTC Student Health Service supports, encourages, teaches, counsels and treats students in a college setting. Our goal is to help students meet their unique health care needs through a variety of health care and health education services.
- Alcohol / Drug Information & Resources
- Bed Bug Information
- Body Mass Index
- Campus Mile
- Ebola Information
- Go Ask Alice! (Health Q &A)
- Health Insurance
- Incident Report (Maxient)
- International Students
- Immunization Information from MN Dept of Health
- Lactation Room Locations
- Meningococcal Disease Information
- Mental Health Screening
- Resources for Faculty & Staff
- Rochester Addiction Treatment Centers
- Sexual Violence
- Smoking Cessation
- The Buzz Newsletter
851 30th Avenue SE
Rochester, MN 55904
Our regular hours are:
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 am – 3:30 pm
Friday: 8:00 am – 1:30 pm
(Hours are subject to change due to staff availability.)
Walk-ins are welcome. To be sure you can meet with the nurse at a time that is convenient for you, please schedule an appointment. Call 507-285-7261, or e-mail email@example.com.
RCTC Student Health Services is closed school holidays, breaks, and during the summer.